Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hot Rod Tour Comes To Our Town!

Our city was host today for Day 6 of the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour. You can check out the link for pictures from today! I'm glad to see all these people come to our town with their vintage cars, and some not so vintage. I did get out tonight and drove up and down Hwy. 27 a couple of times to see all the cars. They have Somernites Cruise here once a month and that brings a lot of cars in, but nothing like today's event. All over you saw signs like these welcoming them. I do hope they felt welcome and had a good time. Yesterday they were in Dayton, OH, and tomorrow they will be in Bristol, TN.




We had rain and thunderstorms overnight and this afternoon we had some more. The rain stopped about 3:30 p.m., so folks still had time to get out and see the cars.
****************************************************
Patient: "Doc, you have to help me. Some days I think I'm Mickey Mouse, some days I think I'm Donald Duck"
Doctor: "How long have you had these Disney spells?"
****************************************************
Did you know:
Ninety two percent of cross-eyed teachers have difficulty controlling their pupils.
**************************************************
Ahh......go ahead and smile. You know you want to!!! :)
Hope everyone is having a better than great week!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Marla said...

Cute jokes and yes I smiled. Glad that you got out and about to see the hotrods.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

My dad and I had a discussion about hot rods a few days ago. He said he likes certain ones more than others. He'd like to fix up an old car someday. I think every man wants to do that.
How neat that the car show came through your town!
We just had a storm come through here today that was wicked! It was a fast moving storm and the dark clouds looked very ominous. My dad loved it!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Love those jokes Rachel and yes... they did make me smile.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Thanks Rachel, I needed that.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

The car show sounds like fun and the jokes are cute. It is raining here today. Seems to me all it does here is rain and storm lately.
Have a good week.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

"Disney spells" ! That's too funny!

The car tour looks like it was a fun parade.
We've been getting lots of rain here this week and another thunderstorm this morning. I know we sure needed it, but I'm ready for some sunshine!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter