Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Sign and More

The family reunion didn't happen since several of my great neices and nephews have the flu, plus the weather was crappy. It rained and turned colder. So we postponed it until later this month and hopefully everyone will be well and the weather will be nicer. Friday afternoon the tornado sirens were going off and the skies were dark. The bad stuff went north of us, with the county just north of ours getting a tornado. There was wind damage in our county but here we just got some wind and then a downpour that didn't last too long.

SUNDAY SIGN












Here's Jamie Dawn and Skittles. They are partners in being naughty, with Jamie Dawn being the leader (she's the black one)! I wonder what these two are thinking of getting into next?


























Here is my neighbor's dog. Well...not really my neighbor since no one is living there now. However the dog remains and I take care of him. He stays in their fenced in back yard and I feed and water him. He needs a good home and he's a sweet dog and a good watchdog. If I had a place to keep him I'd take him. This is not a great photo but it's hard to get a dog to hold still, especially this dog!




I do go over and play with him sometimes and although he doesn't do fetching or anything like that, he does like to run. I'll jump at him and he'll run all around the yard like crazy and then come running towards me. I'll jump at him again and away he goes around the yard for another burst of speed! I'm sure he gets lonely over there. The neighbor on the other side gives him a treat each morning before he goes to work. Pup goes over to the fence and all you see is lots of tail wagging, so they are buddies. A lady from the Humane Society told me that if no home is found for him that she will take him and foster him until a home is found! I was glad to hear that!

His owners moved but didn't take him along. They had searched for a good home for him to no avail. I told them I would be glad to feed him and take care of him and they could leave him there in their yard, until they decide to sell the house. Who knows, maybe someone will come along and love the house and the dog and want both! Wouldn't that be great!

He closed his eyes in this photo. He's thinking, "Aren't I handsome???"

15 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

I have never seen a dog close his eye when a picture was taken - until now.
Great sign.
Good luck with the reunion later this month.
Ralph

5:11 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

We were under a tornado watch until 3 AM Thursday, then had gully washers all day Friday, with flood watches, but the weekend turned sunny and nice, although a little cool in the low 60s.

The poor dog is sweet. I can't believe people just go and leave their dog or cat. Hope he gets a good home. He is sweet looking.

Have a great Monday, Rachel.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Your neighbor left a good looking dog. It is sad when you have to leave a dog. We had to leave our water spaniel in El Paso. A neighbor took him.

Is this the neighbor whose beer got stolen? I don't blame him from moving if a person can leave their beer sit out. :-)

That church is the one Billy and Karen belong, in Katy, Texas. Ours is in Conroe, Texas, and isn't nearly so large. Or so famous.

I like your church sign. Stay warm and out of the tornados.
..
..

10:00 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

I'm sorry your reunion got cancelled, but I got a good giggle about you saying "crappy."
I hope your relatives and the weather are better soon, but it looks like you're getting another hit of storms tomorrow. Good luck!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Like Ralph said...I've never seen a photo of a dog with it's eyes closed.

Liek the sign and I hope that someone claims him and the house...that would be great.

Hope all is well and have a great week

Love, Jess

2:32 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Aw, that story about your neighbor's dog breaks my heart. It's sweet of you to care for him and keep him company. If he lived closer, I'd add him to the mix.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

I don't understand people that do those things to animals. Why couldn't they find him a home? Why did they leave it up to you? I sure hope the Society helps the little guy out because he seems like a very playful pup. Let us know what happens with him, ok?

10:00 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Keep the bad weather. Okay?
Rachel the dog whisperer.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Rachel you are such a kind soul to look after this abandoned pet. The sad thing is the owners could come back and get the dog and it would joyfully join them, totally forgiving their desertion of him.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

It's so nice of you to take care of this dog. It's so sad when pets are abandoned. I'm sure he is very lonely. I pray a loving home is found soon.

I sure am glad you didn't get the tornado. That must be so scary!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Hope neighbor dog's story turns out well! If I had to leave my dogs behind I guess I wouldn't move! I know not everyone can make that choice, though.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

To bad that your reunion had to be rescheduled but you sure don't want to come home sick either. Lot of flu going around right now. Jimmy & I are staying away from all the sick people and just staying home as much as possible.

It's too bad about the dog. I don't know how people can just move off and leave their pets but that's how we got most of our cats. They're just abandoned cats, but some are so sweet that you can't help but take them in. It would be harder to take in a dog because we'd need to fence in our entire yard and besides that, the cats wouldn't want a dog around. You're so sweet to take such good care of the doggy, but that's just the way you are and that's why you're loved so much.

12:29 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I am sorry I haven't been by Rachel....Firgive me please. I cannot believe I missed this. The picture of Skittles and Kamie Dawn is adorable!
And your neighbors dog is so dear...! YOU Are St Francis come-back-to-earth, my dear. You have such a good and big heart...I hope he gets a WONDERFUL Home....!!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh my!!


That poor little dog!! I wish someone could take him!

You're a kind and dear lady,Rachel, to take care of him the way you are.

Hugs))


Junie

9:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Poor dog. Bless you for taking care if it. I like dogs but I don't want another one. We gave our last dog to our neighbor. The fell in love with him and would come get him every night and keep him until 11 0clock or so and bring him home and put him in his lot. They always wanted to buy him. The mans birthday came up and I decided to give him the dog for his birthday. On that morning I put a big bow around his neck and tied him on the front porch of the man with a big bag of dog food. He said that was the best birthday present he ever recieved. They even bought him a car to go riding in. I ask him when he was going to teach him to drive. He eats hamburgers and anything else that might taste good to a dog. I'm glad he is in a happy place. I can still see him every day, but no going out in the snow to feed and water him. So we are ALL happy.

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter