Saturday, October 03, 2009

Sunday Two-Fer

Got my computer back tonight. The last time I had it worked on my regular computer guy was vacationing, so he had someone filling in for him. I said no one could work on my computer like my regular guy, and it seems that's true again! The other guy didn't do it right. I thought it strange that it said I was working with only limited functionality, and it said to contact Dell. My computer isn't a Dell, it's a Toshiba.
Anyway, now it's all back to rights again, and I'm all for that. Plus he didn't charge me since the other guy did it wrong. I'm all for that too!! :)
I worked hard today, mowing our yard and the neighbor's yard. I had to do lots of weed-whacking on both yards. I had to go make a gas run part of the way through. It's only about a mile to a gas station though. I hated going in with grass all over me and looking like a wild woman, but there wasn't but a couple of folks in there, and I guess they could tell what I had been doing. I had to re-string the weed-whacker I don't know how many times. Too many!!! Arghhh!
Someone stole my neighbor's beer from his garage today. I knew that was going to happen. His garage is right next to the road and with the door open when you drive by there (going east) that is the thing you see, his beer sitting there in cases. It would just take a few seconds for someone to stop, get out, put it in their vehicle and off they go. He was home but he saw nothing. Neither did I and I was home, but that was before I started mowing, so I was inside. He said he had two thirty packs and one case. So that makes 84 bottles. He had some wine sitting there but they didn't take it. He was madder than a hornet. I don't blame him but that beer sitting there was just too easy to get to. Our county is dry, so I guess that may have saved someone a trip!
I took these church signs when I drove to Monticello the other day. I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!



9 Comments:

Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Rachel ~ Having your computer back must feel like you are back in communication with the WORLD! At least that's how I feel! ~ jb///

8:04 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hiw awfuk that your neughbor got robbed of his Beer...I guess, as you said....it was just too tempting and easy, as well....! And the fact that your county is dry----Whoever took it had lots of GOOD reasons, didn't he...lol!
So happy you got your computer fixed right by your Good Guy!....Does he fly long distances???(LOL). The two different guys that I had are now so busy with corporate clients---they don't gave any time for me anf in truth, it doesn't pay them to work for people like me--I cannot pay them like their corporate clients do....UGH!
I was out for a ride today, so that was wonderful....Tomorrow will be a quiet day. Hope your Sunday is a sweet one, dear Rachel.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Stealing beer ?? now that's something ! that would be in Belgium like stealing water bottles. Everybody has beer and wine and people drink it to their meals. Beer and wine is not even considered as "alcohol". Only strong things like Whisky or Gin etc.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Good signs Rachel. Glad you got your computer back and it is working right.
To bad about your neighbors beer. That is a lot of beer though. How far does he have to go to buy it?
Ralph

10:11 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

So glad your computer is fixed...

Happy new Week

The sign closest to our house said:

Remember Moses started out as a basket case.

Isnt that funny!

Love, jess

2:12 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I am glad you got your computer back and it is fixed. That sounds like a lot of mowing and weedeating you did at one time. Guess your neighbor will put his beer in a safer place from now on. That would be mighty tempting to an alcoholic or anybody that was dishonest. Great two-fer this week.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Rachel, I am glad you got your computer all fixed up. That first fellow just didn't know what he was doing, did he?
Or maybe he is blind. Since Toshiba doesn't put the Braile letters on their computers for the blind so I suppose then he thought the logo felt like Dell.

Also I am laughing at something that isn't funny. But your neighbor should close his garage anyway. Now maybe he will, that makes the 'hood look a little better.
Our deed restrictions don't let us leave ours open. They don't let us leave a car outside either, it has to go in the garage for overnight. And finally, get this, garages must be suitable to hold cars. I.e. not junked up real badly.

Your church signs are good!
..
The beer episode did remind me of my pre-Mrs. Jim days when a single school teacher would make Coors runs to Dallas for us. Her parents lived there but on the way back from visiting her Ford Economy Van was full of Coors beer. We have Coors here now.
..

9:04 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Rachel, tell you neighbor to do a better job of hiding his beer...lol. Love the church signs as usual.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to borrow one of your church signs. Thanking you in advance.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter