Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Sign and Snow Photos

We got snow! We got about 6 inches or so and it is so pretty, but melting fast today and it won't last long, as tomorrow is going to be warmer. In this first picture you can see they have done a good job getting the road scraped.















When the snow scraper comes along it tosses all the snow across your driveway and you have that big pile of snow, so I went out with my snow shovel and got rid of ours. I also cleaned around the mailbox, which is just out of sight in this photo.











Today I ventured out and our road was still slick in places. The main roads are clear. It was quite amazing to see all this snow piled up in this parking lot. I know for you folks who are used to big snows, this snow seems very small. However, we don't usually get that much snow here in the southern part of KY and it's been several years since we've had one this deep. Northern KY and the eastern part of KY usually get more snow than we do here.


I did make a snowman today, but he was melting fast. I knocked his head off and then put another body layer on and then a new head. He was leaning forward quite a bit and I thought he looked like he was going to fall. Next thing I know he did fall; flat on his face...and that was the end of him....until he melts away anyhow! I'll see how the snow packs tomorrow. I might make another one.
I hope everyone had a wonderful week. I hope to get around and catch up with everyone ASAP! My computer was in the shop this week to be 'devirsused'. I don't think that's a word!!

SUNDAY SIGN









18 Comments:

Blogger FitFoodieMegha said...

Beautiful photographs!

Free Hand Madhubani Painting

10:12 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

We ended up with at least 12 inches of snow and ours is melting too, but slowly. Our main roads are fair, but country roads and city streets are still treacherous and icy.

Love your sign this week. It's a keeper! Now if I can only remember it, lol. ;o)

Happy February, Rachel!

Love and hugs,

Diane

11:53 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Someone who shovels the snow then builds a snowman definitely as an "attitude worth catching". And some energy worth catching too. LOL

4:49 AM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

We got 7 or 8 inches of snow in the Ozarks. Still a lot out there, but they did come and plowed my gravel road! Now my long driveway has to be cleared, and one of my sons will do that today.

Love the pictures. We usually don't get this much snow either. January was a rough month for us.

Love the church sign.

Happy February, Rachel!

4:54 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Rachel!


;0 the snow looks pretty-and I bet you had fun making the snow man!

That's a good church sign!!


Have a great week!


Junie

5:48 AM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Rachel! I know how you feel. Here in southern Jersey, they said we would get a coating to 2 inches of the white stuff. 9 1/2 inches later. Well lets just say they were WRONG. AGAIN.
Love the sign. The answer is sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Lisa

9:10 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
We got snow in December while we were gone and it is still on the ground. I am so ready for Spring, warm weather, being able to work outside, etc.
Your Sunday sign was great.
I've been busy lately and hopefully will be able to post about all that is going soon. All good, really good.
Ralph

6:46 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

We are still waiting for that one big snowfall. It has eluded us thus far. Which doesn't bother me.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I had heard on the news that parts of the USA that don't usually see much snow had been blasted by quite the snowstorm. I can imagine how strange it felt for you to see so much snow! lol Having it around for 6 months here, makes you lose the thrill of it. hehe xoxo

8:16 AM  
Blogger Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

thanks for commenting on my blog! wish i could follow you but you don't have a place...love your kitties...and that sign was pretty good!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Tipper said...

Love your snow-we still get excited about it too. We only got about 3 inches before it turned to rain.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

Hey, there Rachel, glad you are enjoying the snow, or should I say enjoyed the snow. We are supposed to get a dusting tonite, and more over the weekend! I am finished with the snow, and am awaiting warmer weather. THis year the chilly temps are getting to me! Just stopping by to let you know I am still poking around, and stop by to read your wonderful posts too!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I've had enough snow for the rest of the year--including next Nov and Dec. Can you believe that in some spots where has been constant shadow, there is still snow packed from December 23. Sheesh!

You did post some purdy pictures, though.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Enjoyed your snow pictures, Rachel... I am sure you enjoyed your snow while you had it...lol... No snow here.

I alway hope my attitude is worth sharing.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Oh Gosh, Rachel, I do hope you didn't lose too much when your computer coughed.
That is a lot of snow if it were here. Of course it is nothing compared with the ones I've had in New Hampshire and Nebraska.
Like your church sign again, :)
..

9:59 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Great Snow, Rachel....! It must be fun when you don't get a lot of snow....I must say, I do not miss snow one bit...lol!

It's been raining here all day and it is supposed to continue into tomorrow and Sunday, too...I'm glad because we need it so badly...!

2:24 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

I love that you knocked the head off of your snowman to start over.
You can tell the difference in the amount of snow you get from central Indiana. You guys "scrape" the snow and we "plow."

7:39 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

It's been snowy here too Rachel. I've been wanting to go to Knoxville for the past two week-ends...but NO. and there is supposed to be more snow this week-end. I think the snow is beautiful and it makes my yard look as good as my neighbors.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter