Friday, December 23, 2005

Kitty's Christmas

This is for all the cat lovers out there!



A Kitty's Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas
And all through the house
Not a creature was stirring,
Not even a mouse.'

Cuzz the cat had pounced on him
And tore him apart -
Ate his mouse intestines
And chewed up his heart.

Kitty thought he heard sleighbells,
Which made him take pause -
He stopped daintily licking
The blood from his claws.

"Must be Santa," thought Kitty
(That quite clever cat)'
Cuz nobody else climbs down
The chimney like that.

Indeed it was ol' Santa
So jolly and fat
With a huge load of presents
And all for the cat!

"Wow, the best Christmas ever!"
Kitty thought with a purr,
Then he coughed up a hairball
And shed some more fur.

11 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Hi Rachel - thanks for visiting my blog. This was a cute story. I used to be a fan of cats until my son came into the world and we found out he is allergic.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hi rachel, great poem. I guess I can't call myself a cat lover but we've got 30 of them working for us, so I do a good job of tolerating them. Merry Christmas.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my kind of poetry...Yes indeed. I don't think I would have been as graphic with the intestines and heart...but HEY! It's your poem.

My cat has never eaten anything that she caught herself. She doesn't know what a mouse is in my opinion.

I hope your cat doesn't leave Santa any milk and mice. LOL

10:35 PM  
Blogger BarbaraMG said...

I am a a cat lover and loved your poem! Very funny!

12:51 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love this Rachel...it is funny and the imagery is WONDERFUL...maybe only Cat Lovers will think it's very amusing, and sweet...Is That Sick??? LOL LOL!!!
Well..anything about cats makes me grin and laugh! I LOVE IT!!!

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
A working cat deserves lots of presents from Santa. A big ol' lump o' coal for those fat cats who eat out of a can.

Have a Merry Christmas. And your mouse catcher too!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Ha,ha..Liked the poem. And I didn't know that Santa was so fond of cats..

4:52 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Count me in as a cat lover!

We can't have any more cats because of Mrs. Jim's Rule No. 1:2--If it leaves or dies it can't come back and/or won't be replaced.

Our nice old cat, Farrah Fawcett Mineou, died. (I think 'Minet' is feminine but our daughter used 'Minou' anyway. Greatgrandmother used to say that for her cat.)

Mrs. Jim warned me, that rule goes for me too!

4:54 AM  
Blogger EV said...

Bwahahahahah - sick!

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Rachel!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

WEll, at least I know what causes all those hairballs now.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter