Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Who Wants Apple Pie?

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. We had lots of folks on the lake this weekend. They were having some fun out there. It's been warm enough that it would have felt good. That is for certain!

Earlier today I had to do some running; post office, bank, Office Depot, etc. I went into the mall and ate lunch at a Chinese restaurant they have in there. It was very good. I will have to visit them again. I had Moo Goo Gai Pan. Yummy!! I hadn't had that in ages and it's a favorite of mine when it comes to Chinese food. While I was in there waiting for my food I couldn't help staring at the waitress. She was so tiny. She was young, probably working during the summer maybe? I'll bet her jeans were a size 2 or something. I was sitting there thinking, "Did I ever look like that?" No, I never did. Even in high school when I had anemia so bad I was skinny, but never tiny like that. I was more of a big boned person. She was real sweet. I told her that she was so tiny! She said, "Yeah, and I eat like a pig too!" She reminded me of my niece in a way. My niece is tiny but she isn't that tiny.

This afternoon I got the lawn all mowed and manicured. It was hot with high humidity. In the 90's. I had to stop and get revived half way through. My neighbor has mowed it for me the last 2 times it has been mowed but he doesn't weedeat or anything. When I weedeat I cut it low so it can be mowed a couple of times and not have to be weedeated. So as a thank you for him mowing my lawn I'm going to make him an apple pie and take him a quart of French Vanilla ice cream to go with it. I made him one before and he loved it. He said he liked it so much he didn't want any of the rest of the family to have any! I'm sure he shared though. He's just a nice fellow who wants to help me out. My husband loves talking to him. He always makes my husband laugh. My husband was a truck driver and my neighbor is a truck driver so they can really relate about that.

So, I am off now to print out that apple pie recipe that I used before.

13 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Yummy Yummu, Rachel....I love that you actually can make an apple pie! (lol) I've never made oine mostly because if I am going to eat dessert, it has to be chocolate, you know?

I am unfamiliar with the term weedeat...what does that actually consist of? I haven't had a lawn where I live, ever....so whatever that is has never had to be done...
It sounds wquite wonderful though....
Glad you enjoyed your Moo Goo Gai Pan...I forget what that is...Chicken?
Never in my life have I been a size 2. I was once a size six and some people..(Well, my sister) thought I was anorexic. I wasn't. I was in love.!)
I've always wished I could have the kind of metabolism that would let me eat whatever I wanted and NOT gain weight.HA! That's a Pipe Dream! Where is the chocolate...?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Noami, Yes that is a pipe dream for certain!!

Weedeating is when you use a weedeater to trim around trees, fences, close to the house, the sidewalk, and anywhere else the lawn mower won't fit. It has string that cuts the grass off. I always get grass all over me when I weedeat. I look like a human grass person. I always wear safety glasses.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Wow, apple pie and ice cream. I'd mow for a whole season, just about, for that.
You don't need to be out there mowing in the hot, so I'm glad your neighbor is so nice.
Mrs. Jim doesn't let me mow in the hot either.
Today I WeedEater'd some bushes and a hedge. My hedge clipper is a WeedEater brand one. Our weedeater is a Craftsman electric job.
..

8:54 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Yes, Mrs. Jim is playing a lot and getting pretty good. I beat her by one today.

Her day was fine, she didn't lose any balls and found one. Mine was not that good, I lost three and found one.
..

9:11 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Jim, sounds like my prediction is close!

9:28 PM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

The chinese sounds wonderful. I love to cook but only when there are no children wrapped round my ankles. If I get my Kitchen Aide out both boys are there ready to make cookies, very funny especially as they want to eat it before it is even cooked.

I love chinese too but I have never tried that. Will have to now.

Take care

10:19 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

I cannot make a pie to save my life. I guess it's good that the only one in the family that likes them is my husband and he really doesn't need a whole pie. If I were to eat a pie, though, it would be apple pie a la mode.

6:56 AM  
Blogger doubleknot said...

Ok, I am catching up on the posts I have missed and so far have run into a leg of lamb, brownies, and now Chinese food - oh I am going to have to stop and eat some lunch. Hope the pie turned out Ok I am sure your neighbor will like it - Oh, vanilla ice cream - I really must have lunch now.

9:56 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi Rachel..Thanks for your visit! Yes! Those one day flowers are so very special...Now you will have to wait a whole year for it to flower again...Unless there are multiple blom, of course...I was down below yesterday and noticed that two flowers are going to open today...Do, I will be down there around noon...(They should be wide open then) and get some photo's of them. They are One-Dayers, too! You miss it and you have missed it for the year! Amazing, isn't it?

10:08 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

You are a busy bee! I do like homemade apple pie, cherry pie too. Isn't it nice to have a good neighbor!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hang on to the recipe and fix it here when you come for your visit to Nebraska. I can't wait.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I want some pie! Do you deliver? I'm only one little state away!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
You will post that recipe right? What day you want me to mow?
Ralph

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter