Saturday, May 13, 2006

What a Wonderful Day


I had a HUGE surprise today. I recieved a birthday cake from a couple of blogging families! Now how sweet and thoughtful was that?? Thank you Cliff and Marilyn and thank you Ralph and Char. What a wonderful, thoughtful, and sweet thing to do. There is the picture and see.....it even has a tiny computer on it!! That was just the nicest thing to do. You sure are nice folks, no doubt about it.

Well, it certainly brightened my day right up and it is delicious. My husband and I both enjoyed some today and will enjoy it for days to come! I think I will freeze some for a wonderful treat later on.

This afternoon I went to my brother's cabin. I had not been up there since last year. So much has changed, as things do. It is about 26 miles from here. My nephew and his family were there too. We visited for awhile and then we decided to go 4-wheeling. I had never rode one alone until today. I loved it. I rode my other nephew's wife's Kawasaki and what fun, fun, fun it was!! There was 7 of us. Even the 8 year old has her own 4-wheeler, but a smaller one. They make sure she wears her helmet and chest protector when she rides. This is a picture of her. She loves it too.









On my way over there I saw a wild turkey but it wouldn't stop for me to get a picture. I also saw a snake a high tailing it across the road and he wouldn't stop either for a picture. Seems the critters were all in a hurry!


So I got to try something new and I really enjoyed it.
Here is what I rode.















Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there!

14 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

I am so glad you had a great day. Rachel on a 4 wheeler. Imagine that. Happy Birthday girl.

3:01 AM  
Blogger EV said...

What a great cake! And it sounds like a wonderful day too Rachel. Happy Birthday AND mom's day !!!

5:16 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

A Belated Happy Birthday Dear Rachel...I'm so sorry I didn't know, but better late than not at all. right? And your day yesterday sounds quite wonderful. I've not seen those 4 wheels before...That looks like a lot of fun!
Your cake is beautiful...and how very very thoughtful of your Blog Buddies to do that and what a lovely surprise!
I wanted to wish you a Very Happy Mothers Day, too...Hug that dear doggie of yours and all the kitties, too!

9:52 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Looks like a wonderful cake. I am glad that you had a exciting birthday. Many happy returns.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

Happy Birthday! Happy Mother's Day!
(Step parents count on these days too!) Glad you had a nice day, and that you enjoyed the cake, it looks delicious!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Happy Birthday (late?) Rachel!
Happy Mothers Day too.
That sure was nice of those guys to get your cake.
Can you do wheelies now?
..

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got to get out of the house and blow some stink off on the 4-wheeler. Happy Birthday, Rachel.

5:49 AM  
Blogger David said...

WEll belate Happy Birthday to you. Looks like a beautiful place for a cabin.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Judypatooote said...

Happy Birthday Rachel....even thought this greeting might me a little late....Nice pictures....

11:53 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Thank you dear Rachel for your nice comment about my family!
A belated Happy Birthday to you and a belated Happy Mother's Day, too!
The cake is beautiful and looks delicious! How nice are your friends!
Glad you had a fun and lovely day!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
Sounds like you had a good. Glad you liked the cake and had a great time on the four wheelers.
Ralph

3:06 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Wish you'd kept a piece for me. Belated Happy Birthday. Couldn't greet you then as my server was down since Saturday.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I thought your birthday was on the 21st of May? Well Happy Birthday Rachel and I'm glad you got to get out of the house for some 4 wheeling fun.

That cake looked really good.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

What a wonderful treat from your blogger buddies!
I hope your birthday was a goodie!

The 4-wheeling sounds fun!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter