Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Fall Woman

If I have missed posting a comment on your blog in the past few days, then please forgive me.

Tuesday night I was going to sit down in a chair in the dark and when I did the chair was not there to catch me. I hit the floor with a crash and my back caught the edge of the chair as I went down. It knocked the wind out of me and I sat there for a little bit. It hurt so bad that night that I had to sleep in the recliner. I have a place on my back on the right side as big as my whole hand and it's every color of the rainbow. I also have a huge black bruise on my behind. That area apparently hit the floor first! I was trying to sit down in the chair beside of my husband's bed. I didn't want to turn the overhead light on in his eyes and the chair normally is right there, but I had pushed it back. I should have felt for it but I didn't. Believe me I will feel for it the next time.

It has really hurt. Getting up and down or turning over in bed seem to be the worst.

Today I mowed the lawn so I had to use the weedeater, the pushmower, the riding tractor, and the blower. Three of those you have to pull the cords to start them. It hurt so bad but it seemed like the more I used it the less it hurt! Tomorrow I probably won't be able to get out of bed.

17 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I can relate to that pain. I myself had an accident similar to yours. I was goind to feed my love birds which is kept hanging. I went up a wooden chair not knowing that there was a crack on it. Just as I was already up, the crack gave way and down came I. That was a few months ago but till now there are many things I can't do any longer like bending. It really hurts.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Ouch!
While I have never quite done what you said I have missed the chair before and yes - it is painful. Take it easy for a few days and I hope you get better soon.
Just reading your blog made me hurt!
Ralph

4:34 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

OH, my, that's a bad one! I've done similar things and hope it doesn't take long for you to recover!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Take it easy Rachel...I can't believe you took on the lawn mowing & weedeating chores so soon after your fall, OUCH! Your a tough cookie.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

oh, my. I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Hope you get to feeling well again soon.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Rachel, you need to take it easy now, ice and heat the areas of ouch! You are a superwoman to take on so much after such a painful accident, goodness knows I would have gone to bed and that would have been it!

4:33 AM  
Blogger doubleknot said...

It has been a while since I have taken a spill but when I do it is a good hard one.
Sorry you are hurting. Maybe working the muscles was what made it feel better.

4:42 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

I bet that hurt so much. I hope that you are feeling better.

Take care

12:16 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Sorry to hear you took a spill. Hope you are feeling better soon.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Awww Rachel, That is too bad. I'm sorry you got hurt. Getting the wind knocked out of you can really be scary. I wish I could have been close enough to help you with the lawn.
Get better quick!!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Have you seen a doctor? I think you should.
Karen fell down some stairs and broke her sacrum a few years ago. That hurt for so long and so bad, but there isn't anything that could be done except to use ice and heat and let healing take place.
Maybe something could be done to help you. Pain killer for sure? The doctor would know.
I'll be watching your progress.
..

10:15 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Dear Rachel...I'm so sorry you are hurting so bad...Maybe you should see the doctor? I can't believe you did all that work in your yard with all these difficult-to-use-tools! Lordy! You are something, my dear.
I dearly hope your back starts to feel better very very soon!

12:37 AM  
Blogger EV said...

My goodness, Rachel! I hope you're feeling better? Take care.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You poor thing! When I was in elementary school, a guy pulled a chair out just as I was about to sit.
I've had a bent tailbone ever since. OUCH for sure!
Take it easy. You are working too hard. Your poor body is gonna be screaming for you to rest.
Blogger has really been acting up, especially on Sunday and Monday. I'm glad I was able to get through and wish you well.
No more sitting without feeling for the chair!!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

Owie! Glad you didn't break anything!

7:27 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Oh!Rachel, I hope you get to feeling well again very soon.
A belated sorry to you my dear friend!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter