Saturday, April 08, 2006

Blister Alert! Blister Alert!

From all my yard work on Wednesday I now have a blister on my middle finger. When I posted my blog that day I still needed to use the weedeater. I tried to start it and it started several times but it refused to continue running. It's a Stihl brand and it's been a dandy one for starting. I hate pulling and pulling on something that will not start. This was my first time to mow the lawn this year so I really didn't have to weedeat that bad. I took it down where I got it from and the same shop I got the new push mower from. The weedeater I had before this one sometimes refused to start no matter what. I pulled and pulled and pulled on it. I took it over there to them and they would pull the cord and it would start and run just perfect. I got so mad at that stupid thing. They would adjust something a little and give it back to me. Never charged me for those visits. We just stood there by the trunk of my car while he adjusted something with a screwdriver. Then it'd be okay for a while and then it'd start in with being stubborn again. Enough was enough. I made another trip over there and told them I wanted something that would start on the first pull. The Stihl has been great until now. Still no trouble starting, just refused to run. They told me that I should drain the gas when I finish in the fall and then start it and let all the fuel run out of it. I think the reason I got the blister was from pulling on it and trying to get it to run.


You see the finger with the blister and you see which finger it's on? Hrrumph!

8 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Are you sure that came from the weedeater thing? (Lol)

10:56 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I have a big, old, John Deere trimmer, I have to adjust the carburetor with a screwdriver ever so often. I guess the vibration from those small engines moves the needle valves a bit.
You should show your Stihl dealer the blister you have from pulling that trimmer. (but I'd show him all four fingers at once, not just the injured one)
Toward the end of the year you could also just add a squirt of Stabil, to the tank. Or a glub of Sea Foam. Both products will keep the gas in shape for the next spring. You probably aren't down for winter as long as we are.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I used to have a stihl, but I traded it for a Weedeater and it starts everytime for the last 12 years so far.

2:16 PM  
Blogger EV said...

Cliff's right about the Stabil - it makes ALL the difference. He's right about the number of finger's displayed, too. :)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I can't quite tell which finger that blister is on.
Could you take another picture, please, with just that one finger pointing upward?
That would really clear things up.

I have a personal message for you in my post for Monday.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I am so with you on this subject. I had a weedeater that absolutely would not stay running. I flung it across the yard on many occasions. That didn't help it to run, but it made me feel a lot better. I threw it away after two years.

8:57 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Lol, LOL, Sorry about your blister, my dear. I admire the fact that you are out there trying to eat those weeds, Rachel! I'm not sure I would have lasted as long as you did without just throwing the damn thing out, completely!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Blisters are no fun. Our weedeater is stubborn too. I'm glad I don't ever have to mess with it. I don't mind mowing, but I leave the weedeating to DH. Have a blessed Tuesday Rachel! :)

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter