Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Variegated Rambling

I think they could use this sign on our road! The speed limit is 35 mph but most folks think the speed limit is ever how fast you can hold your vehicle on the road. They might as well go ahead and put a sign up that says, "GO AS FAST AS YOU CAN," because most of them do anyway.

Another lovely day here. I got a hosta
set out. I have one on each side of the porch steps and this year one didn't come up. Cats are so good to help when you are trying to work out in the yard. I dug my hole and then went to get some fertilizer, the plant, and the watering can. Meanwhile the cat gets in there and digs around and does #1 and then starts filling the hole back in with dirt. Then when I come back she tears out of there and I have to clear the dirt out that she filled back in. Yeah, I'm sure she was trying to help. Anytime you dig up the dirt they think you do it just for them! I'm just glad she didn't do #2 in there.

I repotted a bunch of houseplants yesterday. This room where the computer is looks like a jungle. I still have a few more to work on. I am going to un-jungle it some. Just too many plants!

In my last post I was talking about people with funny names. I thought of one more. I knew a man by the name of Harry Head.
It's almost that time of the year for bathing suits.
Here is Miss Idaho.

14 Comments:

Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

That potato made me laugh so hard...it looks like me. I'd better get cracka-lackin on the dieting again. I've kinda slacked off.

8:45 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That potato looks awesome. Imagine you do this.

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my daughter was in school she had a boy and a girl in her class whose last names were Korn and Cobb. I always got a kick out of reading the class roster. Have a great Thursday Rachel!

6:07 AM  
Blogger EV said...

As DayByDay4-2Day wrote our street has a lot of kids, too. The city agreed to put two speed bumps in if the block would pay for it. We all gladly contributed. However, it did help a bit. People still zoom over them. Anyone who drives sees the "It's all about me." attitude everywhere.

Sounds like your having fun gardening!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Idaho wears an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

I had that photo in my cache for a future posting similar to yours. The road in front of my house is like the Indy 500. Once a state trooper came out to the house to investigate a robbery we had, and he commented on how fast the traffic flies by.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I guess if the cat pooped in that hole, it would make for some good fertilizer, but the smell would have overwhelmed you as you planted the plant.

I'm LOVING this warm weather. It is in the 80's here and will be through Easter. I won't be donning a bikini though.

I love having lots of plants in my home. I don't have a single one right now since we haven't lived in this house for very long. Plants add color and life to a room.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Rachel I liked the Go as fast as you can sign.
Maybe the cat was planting a pussy willow.
Marilyn loves hostas but I'm not a fan.
If you saw my office you'd then know what a jungle looks like.

3:08 PM  
Blogger David said...

I LOVE that potato. I will have to try to do that for my kids the next time they come over.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

The road in front of my house has been used for drag races since the beginning of time...and people still race on it. I bet some go 130 mph especially those racing bikes...they're a blurr when they pass. My cats don't have a chance.

Speaking of cats...yeah, they love loose dirt and whenever I plant a new flower I have to put heavy rocks around it so they can't dig it back up. One thing my cats do is keep the weeds to a minimum in the flower beds.

Where did you get that picture of me in a bathing suit?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Two potatoes are standing on a corner. Which one is the hooker? The one that says, "I da ho."

7:03 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

We have the same problem with speed on our road, and we're nearly at the end. Fortunately we have a fairly long driveway and the animals are sort of safe, if they stay home. Like the potato!

7:06 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL LOVE that picture of Miss Idaho, Rachel...
where did you ever find it? It's really great.
You got a lot of good stuff done today...in spite of the cat!

2:52 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

I admire your gardening ability and patience. (Funny about no #2. I guess you have enough fertilizer!)

That Miss Idaho photo is a hoot! Looks like a person modeling a bathing suit. Did you peel it that way especially for your post? Very creative. :)

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter