Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fast Food Woes

Here's the picture I had up and now you can see it is Burger King. However I took the picture today and they had finally changed the sign. Ignore the dates on the pictures. I have got to set the date on my camera. At any rate it certainly wasn't a mortuary, as some suggested!!


I know all the fast food places have trouble keeping help since they don't pay much and usually they have teenagers who aren't always the most reliable people to have working for you. I once worked at a Hardee's just to see what it was like. I worked a full time job and I only worked a few hours there in the evening. It made for a long day but at least I knew what it was like to work in a fast food place. They were thrilled when I applied because they loved to hire mature workers and they said I could work any hours I wanted to. I was supposed to get off at 10 p.m. but usually it was more like 11 p.m. before I got off because the 10 p.m. guy was usually late. They didn't say anything to him since it was so hard to find help. I didn't work there too long, only about 3 months as I recall. That has been about 20 years ago probably. Some of them used foul language in front of the customers and I didn't like that. Neither did the manager. I worked at the register taking orders. Most folks were really nice. I had one fellow give me his order and I filled it. He left but came back later saying that he had ordered fries and a sandwich and he didn't get them. He lied because he had not ordered them. I told him so too. The manager gave him a new sandwich and new fries just to shut him up and get rid of him. It made me very angry because I knew he just did that to get extra free food. Sometimes I worked at the drive thru window. It was so hard to hear some of those people. They would come through with the radio on loud and you couldn't hear them or they were all laughing and talking and you couldn't hear. No respect! I once asked one person if they wanted Arby's sauce with their order! Gee, I had forgot I was working at Hardee's. Oops!! It was an experience to say the least.

In the small town that I lived in before moving here the Arby's there had all mature workers. In the morning they would put the cream in my coffee for me! Now that was nice!! I get frustrated when I order coffee and cream and they don't give you a stir stick. Do they think it just automatically mixes together? Some of them obviously do. Maybe they never drank coffee themselves and don't know any better. The worse thing is ordering food from the fast food place to take home and then they don't give you the right order or you don't get all your food. That is a royal pain. I always check before I leave the window now, since that has happened to me too many times.

I think the moral of this story is that I eat too much fast food! What is your least favorite thing about fast food?

12 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

I think my least favorite thing about fast food is the fact that so many families now depend on it for so many of their meals. Most of it just isn't healthy!
Thanks for sharing your perspective on being a fast food worker...

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I have to admit that I feel much better about adults taking my order and preparing my food than some teenagers, but as you said, it is usually teens who get hired at these places since the wages are so low.
Oh well, I'll have to take my chances next time I order a burger somewhere. Hopefully, no one will spit on it or something gross like that. :)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

My most favorite thing about fast food is that Whataburger gives seniors free drinks, coffee or fountain drinks.
Next is MacDonalds who has 35, 45, or 50 (boo for 50) cent senior drinks. Our Jack-in-the-Box gives a 50 cent discount for seniors on drinks.
If drinks aren't free, most of them give seniors a 10% (or more discount).
Nothing is disliked about fast food except some of the restrooms are pretty filthy.
..
Did I say Burger King? I meant to, maybe I said an airport in a weaker moment. I meant Burger King.
..

7:44 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

We don't eat at fast food places too often, but will do it in a pinch. My least favorite thing is soggy fries. Ewwwww. Anyway, my husband adds cream to his coffee and never ever stirs it. I drink it black so no problem there.

8:58 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I never eat fast food and I never have...It never interested me and I always felt that I didn't know what might be in the burgers, for instance....

I was one of the people who said was it a Cemetary..BUT my first guess was a McDonalds! We;;, it was close...(lol)

9:43 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Just gimme my onion rings...that's all!! lol So that's where they're hiring, Burger King! I don't mind fast food once in a while but I do know it's not the healthiest food to eat. I also prefer it when it's an older person serving me....don't trust some of these young ones!!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

COLD FOOD! MISSING INGREDIENTS! Those things are the most annoying and terrible things that can happen! My husband gets thoroughly annoyed, and that gets the kids riled up, all that spells is indigestion! We went through a period, when the kitchen was ripped apart, that we did a lot of take out, but believe it or not, the fast food places, in some cases, had things in better order than some of the "real" places. Strange huh?

4:20 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

least favorite thing about fast food...hmmm...that would be no ketchup, salt or straw in my bag...why oh why do you have to ask for these things???

6:30 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

If you use cream and sugar in your coffee my MIL would call you a problem drinker. That's what she calls Marilyn.
The thing I hate the most about fast food restaurants is the food.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

detriment to your health
~Green-Eyed Lady
(I moved my blogs into one place)

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The food is awful tasting.
It must be hard working in a fast food place. You are very brave..

4:36 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I don't pay too much attention if they don't get my order just right, but they always put cheese on Jimmy's hamburger. He doesn't order a cheeseburger and when they ask him if he wants cheese on it, he says NO....but he gets cheese anyway.

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter