Thursday, August 24, 2006

Short Road Trip

Today I took a nice drive in the country. I didn't go too far but down a road I had never been on before. It sure was pretty and I saw lots of horses and mules! Now that's right up my alley for certain. This old place here sits right on the corner of the road so I thought it might have been a store but maybe not. Could have been a house too. Now the vines have taken it over.










I posted this picture before of the corn and this lane. I drove up this lane today being the trespasser that I am. At the end of the lane is a house naturally. No one was home but they sure have a pretty view up there.











I saw a pair of nice looking black mules in a field. There was no traffic since this was a dead end road so I stopped the car and got out to see if I could pet this one. Nope, she did not allow me to touch her.












Instead she turned this end towards me! Guess she told me what she thought! Still they were pretty and added to my enjoyment of the day! I'll have more pictures to share later!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked the pictures. For some unknown reason fields of corn bother me. Maybe I was lost in one as a baby or something,ha,ha..

9:19 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Down every road is a new adventure! Isn't having a digital camera handy to capture the moment fun?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Thanks for the little drive.
I like the pictures..
Nice Ass..hahaha

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Those are nice pictures.
The house was one of many in a row. This one had an upholstered couch and chair on the porch.
The men or the ladies, but seldom both at the same time, would sit for hours watching the passerbyers.

When I was small I would play in a cornfield like that. I never got lost, but just about. That was part of the fun of things in there.

I don't know much about mules. Grandpa had a pair, we didn't.
..

6:37 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

very nice pictures!! don't think i have ever seen a mule that dark before.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Beautiful pictures...I don't go anywhere without my camera, you just never know what you're going to find!! Have a great weekend:-)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Rachel, you had better hurry with that camera.
Your house was [Swanee ball tells me] number 1174, my corn picture yesterday was 3336.
Wanna' race?
..

10:22 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Love those pictures Rachel...Love the Mule particularly!

11:03 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

I've just looked at your past two posts!
Makes me homesick I'm telling you!!
I don't want to work in tobacca mind you...I just like to smell it curing in the fall!
:-D

5:16 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

This is how most of my days are spent also Rachel...just driving around and looking at the sights.

I like your pictures and the mule and your take on it was pretty funny. There is a road around here that looks like your corn field picture, but this road is paved.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter