Saturday, November 18, 2006

It's Two, Two Posts in One! Like DoubleMint Gum!



Okay, I have figured out how to get pictures to download quicker. When I did this one it was being slow so I waved both hands out towards the screen and said a few magic words and waved my fingers at it while doing so, and it downloaded it. Yep folks, that's the trick. Bwaaahahahaha!!!!!

I'll be okay. Really I will. Oh, you also need to make a noise while doing the finger/hand wave thing, kind of like a cat hissing, only softer. Go ahead and try it the next time you want pictures to download faster. Just don't take my word for it.

If you notice to the right of this sign across the road is the place where the tobacco was hanging. That thing is more than half empty now, so they are stripping the tobacco (taking the leaves off the stalk). I had hoped to get over there and get some pictures to put on here. Another project to work on! I'm posting this on Saturday night because I never have time to get on here Sunday mornings. It's time for one of my favorite British comedies, "The Last of the Summer Wine," so I'm off to watch that! Have a terrific and blessed Sunday everyone.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harvesting is hard too. I just want to eat a sandwich..

7:39 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I llve these Church signs and wish I could find out how to "make" them...
Hope you are enjoying that movie Rachel, my dear...!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Lol Always look forward to seeing your signs! I'll have to try that hand waving, mumbo jumbo, thingie and see if it works for me! lol

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, I don't want to in any way diminish the hand gesturing and soft cat hissing sounds to assist in the downloading of pictures... BUT....
I think in this instance it was the sheer size of the picture that was retarding progress.
I checked a few of your other pics and they were of a more suitable size for quicker downloading.
There has to be a certain amount of satisfaction in the method you describe, so by all means continue with it.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'll have to try your finger waving and silent, loud hissing sounds while downloading pictures. Even if the picture doesn't load any faster at least I will be amusing myself. *LOL*

9:35 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I take a hammer and when Blogger sees that, the picture suddenly appears on my blog !

11:49 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Just dropping by to say HI, and thanks for your birthday wishes.
Take care, Meow

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sign! and sorry to say too true! Really enjoyed your tobacco post. It's something I'll never see in person. Thanks!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific and blessed Sunday wishes right back atcha. I'll try the hand thing, too, just not at work. ;)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Your Church sign is a great message. I wonder how many take it to heart?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

I was doing some fancy dancy hand waving (and a bit of foot stomping too)while trying to load pictures yesterday! LOL!
Your church signs are a favorite of mine!
:)

11:20 AM  
Blogger EV said...

Back attcha. Have a good one Rachel! ;0)

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter is correct, smaller pictures do upload faster.
Who will help me eat this bread?
..
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/
..

9:54 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

If I could grow chocolate, I definately wouldn't mind harvesting it. :)

6:23 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I need to see a short video clip of how you do that with the magic. TeeHee.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're funny about how to post photos, but I've often wished for magic, too! Movie sounds like fun. :D

8:09 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Thanks for the hint on how to get pictures to load faster. With your help, I'll save at least five minutes every time I post.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter