Monday, November 27, 2006

Money Talks

Did you hear the one about the man who went to the priest and said, "Father I want you to say a Mass for my dog."

"It's my pet dog," said the man. "I loved that dog and I'd like you to offer a Mass for him."

"We don't offer Masses for dogs here," the priest said. "You might try the denomination down the street. Ask them if they have a service for you."

As the man was leaving, he said to the priest, "I really loved that dog. I ws planning to offer a million-dollar stipend for the Mass."

And the priest said, "Wait a minute. You never told me your dog was Catholic."

*********************************

Humor is a divine quality, and God has the greatest sense of humor of all. He must have; otherwise He wouldn't have made so many politicians. Martin Luther King

12 Comments:

Blogger TJ said...

You are a hoot Miz Rachel!!
lmbo!!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha,ha,ha..Great joke..

2:50 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

LOL both the joke and the quote are hilarious!! So true though! lol Thank you for the compliments about my Christmas decorating...wish I lived closer to you so that I could come help you decorate but then I'm sure your decorating is wonderful!!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

LOL! Love the joke and the quote. You're right, a sense of humor is divine.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Yep, both the joke and the quote are quite funny. Nice one Rachel.

6:12 PM  
Blogger EV said...

Good ones, Rachel! I'm certain God has a sense of humor.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

If you don't think God has a sense of humor...watch Nebraska's weather for the next 48 hours.
Loved the jokes Rachel. I don't care what they say about you, you're all right!! :-)

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once heard that if you don't think God has a sense of humor take a good look at a giraffe.

3:19 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...GREAT Joke and Great saying, too...
I don't remember seeing yoyr profile picture before, my dear Rachel...I LOVE IT!
And that quote from proverbs is truly profound....!

I've been soooo neglectfull with Sweetie's Blog...Bad Me! So, doing this Tuesday "Cats On Tuesday" is a little bit of a nod towards him....though I'm not good at meeting Blog Deadlines, either....!
But....I may have HIM talk next time...telling his side of the story...! (Fun, huh?)

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a funny joke, Rachel.

Before Oklahoma passed the lottery, all the Baptists preachers jumped in at the eleventh hour, saying that it would be a SEE-IN. It finally passed a few years ago. I always wondered if a Baptist won the lottery and donated it all to the church, what those preachers would say then.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Cute joke! My brother will love this one!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

hehehe...that was a great joke Rachel. Hey, wait...you didn't tell me he was a Catholic. hehehe
hahaha hehehe

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter