Monday, December 18, 2006

One Week Until Christmas!!

Today was a warm lovely day! I think we might have set a new record for this time of the year!
Just like spring it was. I spent some time today trying to put things back in their proper places. With the holidays I had the extra Christmas cards to put away, the wrapping paper, etc. Just trying to get rid of some of the clutter. Really hard to believe that Christmas is only one week away!! Is everyone ready for it?? I think I am.

This really does work!! At least it worked for me.

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week
that you would like to
have chocolate (more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get
the calculator.
5 If you have already had your birthday this year
add 1756 ...
If you haven't, add 1755.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were
born.

You should have a three digit number

The first digit of this was your original
number
(i.e., how many times you want to have
chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are

YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)
THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2006) IT WILL EVER WORK.

**********************

A grandfather bought a hobby horse by mail order as a birthday present for his granddaughter. The toy arrived in 189 pieces. The instructions said that it could be put together in an hour. However it took the old man two days to assemble the toy.

Finally, when it was all put together, he wrote a check, cut it into 189 pieces and mailed it off to the company.

***************************


11 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

I loved the dog smarty pants joke! Very cute.
I think we can all relate to the check in 189 pieces. We've all been there especially when it comes to assembling toys!
:)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that chocolate calculation really did work - and it got my mind in the right state for preparing my taxes in January.

Thanks for dropping by. Always nice to see new faces in the neighborhood.

By the way, I lived in Kentucky after I got out of the Army in 1992. In Northern Kentucky, a little town called Erlanger. I loved it, but New York is always in my blood.

12:02 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

loved the toon Rachel!!
:-D

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was shocked to find out how old I was. Where do the years go, ha,ha..

The jokes were funny..

3:33 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel,
How do you do it. All good ones. The cartoon made me laugh out loud - right when I shouldn't have.
Ralph

5:25 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Has it been that long since I was born?????


Can't be.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Merry Christmas

6:46 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

That Grandpa was me.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

GO Grandpa! I would have done the same thing! But I wold have made sure to include a sarcastic note! Love your Christmas themed chuckles, you always make me smile Rachel!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Just came by to tell you that our suitcases are packed and Pookie sleeps in one. Tomorrow at 7 am we are off ! I am happy to escape this bad Belgian weather !

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

9:29 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

It's hard to believe that Christmas is less than a week away...I was ready and now I feel like I'm not.

Smary...that chocolate number thingy worked perfectly everytime, no matter how many times I chose to eat chocolate. *LOL*

That cartoon was so funny and I'm still laughing. That's one of the funniest animal Christmas cartoons I've seen in a long time. I also like grandpa and the check. hehehe...
I've felt like doing that a few times myself.

Loved your dyed basket...the walnut stain really made it pretty and gave it that wonderful dark walnut color. Maybe you and Brian can get together and sell baskets & bowls since you are both very good at what you do. hehehe

I changed over to the new blogger today, but I can't tell much difference because I don't experiment much with my blog. I've had trouble leaving comments all day since it changed though.

Have a Merry Christmas.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter