Friday, December 15, 2006

Baby Bear's Soup

We have been having wonderful mild weather for December. I truly am enjoying it. Not too hot and not too cold. Just like Baby Bear's Soup, just right!

I was treated to lunch today at a Mexican restaurant. We all had fajita's. It was very good. We got there right at lunch time and it was quite busy. It's always nice to be treated to lunch.

This afternoon I had to take Pup to the vet. Another ear infection, which Shih-tzu's are notorious for it seems. He has been sneezing and coughing and generally not acting like he feels very well. So I came home with pills and drops and $82 poorer. It's amazing how much dog medicine I do have. Seems I need a medicine cabinet just for him! I have ear wash and use it faithfully but it doesn't seem to be enough obviously. I pull hair out of his ears with the tweezers. He doesn't like that part at all. Neither do I. Then he still gets infections and they are either yeast or bacteria. This time it's bacteria again.

****************************

One day, a man came home and was greeted by his wife dressed in a very Sexy nightie. "Tie me up," she purred, "and you can do anything you want." So he tied her up and went golfing.

********************************

REINDEER
According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December.
Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring. Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl.
We should have known... ONLY women would be able to drag a fat man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost!

15 Comments:

Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

JUST what I needed after a long day at the hospital while DH went through some surgery....I laughed my little heart out at the golfer story.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor puppy..You should tell him your jokes to cheer him up, ha,ha..

4:49 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I often tell my husband that I am like Goldilocks ... I like things just right!
Cute jokes too!
:)

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!I love the joke!

6:48 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

I'm learning about pets and vets...I hope they aren't too expensive...Clarence has a paw that is raw looking...I will prolly take him to see the vet Monday...
loved the joke!!
:-D

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, good jokes.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel -- I've been neglecting lately. Thanks for coming and also for looking at my tree farm. I'll have the rest of the hospital ones and a few more. Then a few favorite nativity sets too.

I was really glad to see your comment, Blogger isn't nice to me with all the new Bloggers and Beta Bloggers, I haven't been able to post for most of this week.

I hope I can remember your golf joke. Even free dogs cost just about as much as the brand name after the vets get a few looks at them.

Have a nice time finishing up Christmas things. We both missed our open houses this year. I like those.
..

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soup??? I think you mean porage.

Love the jokes.. I must pass them on.. yes I must.

3:02 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

Loved the golf joke! We too have been experiencing some very "just right" temps here in the northeast. I really don't mind that there is no cold and snow for Xmas, it is fine with me! Reindeer are women, huh? I knew something was afoot with that! Santa must be a very smart man to choose the ladies to guide his sleigh, we all know that a man wouldn't stop to ask directions, or evn follow them!

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Rachel:-) I'm finally catching up with everybody, I always feel badly if I can't visit everyone every day but these days it seems impossible!! Your poor little pup, I had a neighbour that had a shih tzu and I remember it having problems with his ears all the time too. Loved the jokes, great way to start my morning:-) We don't have any snow left at all...some of the pictures in my slideshow were taken a couple of weeks ago when we did have snow! lol Have a wonderful weekend my friend and I'm glad you were treated to a lovely lunch!! xoxo

4:48 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi dear Rachel, thank you for your visit and nice comment on my blog. That city, São José do Rio Pardo is where my husband was born. I was born and raised in a big city, São Paulo, but since 1998 we have been living in a country house on the outskirts of the Jurumirim's dam, near the cities of Paranapanema and Avaré, São Paulo's State.

Have a nice weekend!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Rachel, on the tying your wife up. That always sounds like a good idea until you get home from playing golf. Trust me.
I'm surprised Santa can make it around the world in one night with all those females stopping to ask directions.

6:04 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL...Your jokes are funny and cute Rachel...

Poor little sweetheart! I hope he gets over that infection very quickly...That tweezing must be very hard on both of you!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Poor PUP...I bet he doesn't like you putting in those eardrops or taking that medicine. Vets are costly, but when you have pets you can expect that. I love your church signs and that nightie joke was the funniest joke I've heard in a while...loved it.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! "...and went golfing!"
Hope your puppy feels better soon.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter