Thursday, November 30, 2006

I'm All Set

This beautiful cat is one of the ones at the farm where I go and feed them daily. There are now 5 there. I think 2 of them have kittens someplace but I haven't found them yet. This cat is absolutely lovely and she is so friendly!! I am so tempted to bring her home with me. There is another little one that looks like my cat and it also is so friendly and sweet. They both try to get in the car with me. Then there are two that have been there from the start. Then the fifth cat is one of the grouchest cats I have ever seen. If one of the others even get close to her she jumps on them. They are all scared of her and with good reason. I wish they would all jump on her at once and give her a good dose of her own medicine. That might change her attitude. If ever a cat needed an attitude adjustment she does. She is friendly to me but she sure hates other cats! I don't know how a tomcat managed to get close enough to get her pregnant!! He may have gone home with scars after that one!! She has a litter someplace but I haven't found them yet.

Our weather is due to change. We have had lovely warm days and now tomorrow we are under a wind advisory and they are predicting rain and snow showers. Well, it was sure nice while it lasted! These are pictures of our sunset tonight. I know they would be prettier without all the electric lines. The red caught my eye and I grabbed the camera. Then the other picture I took a few minutes later. You can see the headlights of a car coming down the road. Actually two of them if you look close. So with a new chill in the air, a pot of chili on the stove, and plenty of firewood on the porch, then I think I'm

all set!



11 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

What a cute cute kitty! Love the sunset photos. We don't have wires, but we have houses and trees that obstruct our view. Chili and a fire sound real good!
:)

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It always strikes me as funny that some animals are just jerks, ha,ha..
The pictures are nice. Hope the change in weather isn't to extreme..

8:15 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

We are hading one of out rare cold spells down here in Houston. I wish I had a fireplace, because if I did it would be roaring tonight.

Cute kitty.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I like oyster crackers with my chili. Oh..and dill pickles. Just in case I get invited over. I'm just saying.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Did you say chili??? I'm comin' right over!! hehe I guess some animals are just like some humans in the grouch department! lol I can imagine how tempted you are to bring one or two of those cats home...yup, I can just see you now...8 cats later! lol I'm finally catching up with all the posts I've missed...my post this morning will be a bit late as I want to catch up with everyone first:-) Hugs xox

3:39 AM  
Blogger EV said...

Sign me up for some of that chili, too! I'll pick Cliff up on the way. ;)

6:50 AM  
Blogger TLP said...

I love cats.

The pictures are lovely. The wires don't bother me. I think they add to the composition.

2:46 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

BEAUTIFUL SUNSETS!!! Isn't it wonderful when you see something so breathtaking as this??
That kitty is soooo sweet looking!I can see why you would want to take her home...!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm glad you reminded me about chili. You are getting our weather now, it is going to be winter here for about a week.
Anyway, I'm the chili maker of the family.

I have a notebook full of things to write about. I even keep it real close to the shower because I think of a lot of topics there.
Try it.
..
I'd take that cat if you want it to have a warm home. I know you are giving it a nice home.
..

11:35 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

The kitty is so pretty...I'd probaby take her on home with me, but she does have such a big farm to roam in and PUP might not want to share his home with another cat. *LOL*
The sunsets are beautiful. I tried to get a picture of it and by the time I ran for my camera it had changed. I love your pictures though.
A toasty wood fire and chili sound great.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Snowed here last night Rachel and I made a pot of white chili - turned out pretty good.
Your comment about "I don't know how a tomcat managed to get close enough to get her pregnant!!" really made me laugh.
Stay warm
Ralph

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter