Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Nothing Much

I thought of something wonderful to blog about earlier and now it has totally slipped my mind. So you will just have to bear with me and make do with this. I really have nothing to blog about, so this post will be about nothing. ...............well, nothing much let's say!

Today was another warm one for us, in the 70's. This week has been warm. Yesterday my neighbor asked me if she could borrow my electric leaf blower. I took it to her along with the 150 cord. Then I came back and gased up the gas leaf blower and went back and helped her blow her leaves over the hill. She worked on one side of the house and me on the other. We sure got those leaves to moving! She has a guy who rents part of her house and he had been blowing them off for her, but now he has quit doing it. He is kind of a moody person, so she is not comfortable asking him why he quit. Of course he doesn't have to do it, he just volunteered when he did do it. He blew off her driveway and patio and they are not very big, so it's an easy chore. It's all concrete and she lives on the edge of the cliff so you just have to blow them over!

She used to have another guy that rented from her and he was just delightful. We all missed him so much when he moved out. He was just so funny and he used to fix things for her and help out and he was a friend. She cooked dinner for him so many times and the few times I was there and he was there he just had us laughing like crazy!! Then he up and met some woman and fell in love and got married and moved. He never came back to visit and that really hurt my neighbor because she thought so much of him. I think his wife didn't think he should and that he should break all ties with his former life.

Amazing how two people are so different isn't it? This guy now just comes in from work and he might speak to you and he might not. Just depends on his mood. He's an okay guy, just moody that way. He has been there now about 3 years.

I have to say that I am not a moody person. I am the same every day or certainly try to be. Now if I feel bad or something then I might not be as chipper as usual, but I am always in a good mood.

Okay, so maybe this post is about something after all. Moods.

Do you think you are a moody person??

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna just type Yes.... or No.. but that seemed a bit moody so I've extended it to I don't know.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the same every day too. Of course I'm grouchy. But I am consistent with it..

4:39 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I'm usually upbeat and pretty happy. I do have my moods, but I try to look on the bright side of things. That usually helps.
:)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

You are the same all the time Rachel. And not 'flighty' either. This blog told me a lot of good things about you. Great job my friend.
I was going to judge what I am but you'll have to ask Marilyn.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Yes, I can be very moody at times but they are far and few between since I don't have to work at that place anymnore. Come to think of it, I haven't been moody since I left. Wow.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moody! I'm a Curmudgeon and they are normally grumpy so I guess that makes me consistent in my demeanor. My wife told me recently that here of late, she's had to walk around the house on eggshells because she just can't be sure what's going to set me off and cause me to raise my voice and yell at everyone, even the cat and dog. I don't like being this way but to be honest, I can't help it. I try so hard to stay in control but just can't do it.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

You are certainly not moody! Love comming to your blog, it always cheers me up. Sorry your neighbor lost her friend, he sounds like he was a lot of fun. Too bad that he doesn't come to visit, his wife might like your neighbor too, and then all would benifit from the visit. I try to be kind to strangers and neighbors. If I am not in a "talky" mood, I am just quiet, and go about my business without invading others' space.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Rachel you seem to always be in a very good mood and you are always helping out your neighbors. You are just so nice!!!

I don't think I'm moody, but you would have to ask Jimmy about that. He's the one that would really know. hehehe

3:13 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
Glad you're not moody. Unfortunately I am. The way the days starts, what happens through the day, and how the day ends can all change my mood. And that's not even figuring in what I have to do that day!
Ralph

4:16 PM  
Blogger EV said...

Blogging about nothing ....ya know, Seinfeld made a fortune doing a sitcom about nothing. You may be on to something, Rachel!

And I'M NOT MOODY!!!!! ;)

4:56 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oy yes, I am a moodyt person, but try not to be...and if I am in a "mood" I tell people so they won't think it has anything to do with them, you know?

About the Leaf Blowers: The gas ones are banned here in L.A.,---polution, you now? But some people still use them...I have never understood the Leaf Bloing Philosophy....Moving leaves from one place to another without picking them up and getting rid of them just doesn't make any sense to me...plus, the amount of dust dreated by the blowers adds more to the polution, too....! I understand it is easier than raking leaves....but....well, you get the picture, right? (lol(

6:44 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I have my moods, usually at "that" time of the month! lol Usually, though, I'm a pretty happy and mellow person:-) It was so nice of you to help your neighbour to blow away all those leaves...that can certainly be quite a chore. That's the problem with renting out rooms or apartments...you never know what the people will be like! xox

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter