Tuesday, December 05, 2006

$850,000 Dress

The dress that Carrie Underwood wore to the Country Music Association Awards show is being auctioned off. The value of the dress is a mere $850,000. Why anyone would spend that much on a dress is beyond me. Seems to me that money could have been spent better. She is giving part of the proceeds from the auction to the Humane Society of the US, which is good. I guess she is trying to get some of her money back as well. You can go here to place your bid if you are interested. The bid was at $175,000 when I looked at it. It won't fit me and I can't afford it. Besides, where the heck would I wear it to? With all those diamonds on it a person could mug you and strip you of your valuables......literally!!

It's her money of course and she can spend it how she wants. I must say she does look good in it, but then she is so pretty she would look good in anything. She didn't need an $850,000 dress with her looks. Just my opinion.

11 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

Holy crap!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I think there was a blue dress that Bill Clinton would have spent a lot of money for. :)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

She's certainly come a long way since her American Idol days!
:)

8:07 PM  
Blogger EV said...

There does seem to be a contradiction between the finger wagging lecture us "little people" receive from celebrities and their apparent priorities. Doesn't there? ;)

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya don't get much dress for your dollars when you look at the back view!!

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it was Britney Spears wearing that dress, it would depreciate after one wearing. The girl don't wear any undies!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Personally, I think it's ridiculous the amount of money these celebrities spend on clothes but then, if they got the money, I guess they can!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

I could buy two houses here on Long Island for that much cash! And we have some of the highest real estate going! A dress? WOW! But you are right, Rachel, it is her money and she can spend it however she likes. Hope you are doing well!

3:23 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

I just need one good sized diamond ofen it...hehe!!
:-D

3:28 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

You're right, she would look good in nothing...er I meant anything.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Frankly I think that this is a waste of money...pure & simple.
She is such a pretty girl and would look great in a feed sack.
Why celebreties pay so much for a dress they will only wear one time is a shame. They could feed a small coutry with this kind of money.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter