Tuesday, August 14, 2007

HOT DIGGITY!!

Looky!! Looky!! I won this nice award from Donna at "zztop's little piece of heaven."

This is my first award! Heck, I don't post that often, but I can't think of a nicer one than a Nice Matters Award!!


Bless your little pea picking heart Donna, I sure do appreciate it and I'm as pleased as punch!!

I know I'm supposed to put it on my sidebar, but I don't have a clue as to how to do that. Well....I have a clue but I'm scared I'll mess things up so that I can't unmess them. It's happened before. I'm good at messing things up and then not being able to fix them. Kind of like poor Humpty Dumpty. All the King's horses and all the King's men........and all that good stuff.

I finally got in my nephew's swimming pool today. He called me from VA, where he's working, and asked me if I could do him a favor. He wanted me to go over and let the kids inside, since both kids had forgotten their keys (imagine that!) (one left her's at home and the other left her's at school), so I told him I would go on over. I decided that since I was going I'd just swim some while I was there. I had just gotten half my bathing suit on when he called back and said I didn't have to go over since both kids went home with friends. Since I was halfway ready I went ahead and drove on over there. (I got totally dressed first!) I had a wonderful time in the pool all by myself for a whole hour! It was so warm and very relaxing. Then when his wife came home, after picking up both kids, I was ready to get out. I think I'll be going back again soon. I'll see how sore I am tomorrow first!

17 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
"half my bathing suit on" and "halfway ready" will get many readers (I.E. Cliff) excited. Please stop this harassmenet.
Good post.
Ralph

7:15 PM  
Blogger 2 LMZ FARMS said...

Don't you just love it when nobody is at home. Yes, that was a picture of my house. And thank you for the comment. I sorta like th porch myself. Thanks for visiting my blog.
laura

7:28 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Isn't this a nice award? Couldn't happen to anyone nicer
xo

8:15 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Congrats my dear on your Award! I cannot believe that this is your first Award..! I mean I DO believe it, but...well, you deserve a lot more, dear Rachel.
The pool sounded wonderful. When I could excersize, swimming was my favorite form of excersize because I never thought of it that way...I just always loved the feel of the water on my body and the ease of swimming through it...Do a few laps for me Rachel...lol!

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That swim must have been full of serenity. It sounds like you enjoyed it fully... good for you.

DayByDay

5:47 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

now thats the perfect way to spend time and cool off from this heat.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the pool. My sister has a pool and ever so often I sneak away and cool myself.
I know the feeling about changing ro adding something on your sidebar. I would love to give my blog a face lift, but I'm afraid I will cause some permanent damage or delete it all. Maybe someday I will get the nerve to try !!!!!

6:39 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Rachel,

Congrats on this award. It's a really special one and you deserve it!

I had to get my granddaughter to put mine on my sidebar...I watched what she did- but I doubt very much if I'd be able to do it, myself!

Hey- enjoy that swimming pool as often as you can!!


Junie

7:18 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm glad you finished getting clothes on before heading over there.
You might have been arrested otherwise. :-)
Ahhhh, a nice relaxing swim sounds wonderful!
I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Nice DOES matter, and YOU are indeed nice!!!!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

I'm looking out at an empty pool right this moment, and it looks inviting. I don't think I've ever been in it by myself, come to think of it, but I might just do that after reading this post.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

What a nice time. I can only imagine how relaxing that would be.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

That 'HALF!!' stuff sure got my attention.
Our neighbors are gone for the summer, to their Colorado ranch. They said we could swim in their pool, we came once when BP was here. I did one last year too, Mrs. Jim didn't even go once that year.

I don't use a 'new blog' so I can't help you. I think you can just drag it over, can't you?
You can put it on the top of every post, that way we can all appreciatde it more than if on the sidebar.
Stay cool, congratulations, thanks for the visit and comment, and next time stay dressed while you are driving.
..

8:23 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

Congratulations! How wonderful.

It's easy to put the award on your sidebar with the new blogs. Go to the "help" section and it will walk you through it. Trust me. I'm not that smart, and I can do it.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Congratulations on you award...you are a very "nice" blogger!!
I've not been in a pool in years...

6:03 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

The temperatures you are experiencing must make the water in a swimming pool very warm.
Come by here for a swim in the river. It will be embracingly refreshing. You will either feel wonderfully alive or wish you were dead depending on your tolerance for rapid changes in body temperature. LOL

7:25 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Congrats on your award. If you don't know how to put it on your sidebar I'll come over and show you how.

8:23 AM  
Blogger zztop357 said...

Rachel, you do deserve the award.I don't post everyday either. I'm sure you are nice if you're blogging or not. I need to hunt up more awards for you;).
You got lots of comments on this one, WTG.
Thanks for being a friend.
Donna

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter