Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Still Alive and Ranting!!!

I am feeling much better today, thankfully. I thought I'd post so you all would know that I am still among the living. I got out of bed today without yelling one time from the pain. I had that bug before with the diarrhea and vomiting at the same time, and I must have pulled something in my side with all the retching I did. Turning over in bed was horrible and sneezing was the worse. Sneezing nearly took my breath away. Just bending, sitting, getting up, anything like that caused intense pain in my side.

We are having a rainy day. The leaves are falling very fast now.





This picture is on the way to our house.

Yesterday the neighbor's dog got hit by a car. I was saddened by this but not surprised. This dog has dug out from under the fence so many times. I have put him back up and carried rocks and covered his holes on several occasions. The last time was 10 o'clock at night and I was out there in my pj's with a flashlight. The dog had dug a huge hole and I had to carry several big rocks to cover it. They have part of a rock fence in their back yard so there's plenty of rocks. I have left them notes on their door telling them about the dog being out and my putting him up. Sunday night the dog was out again. I had vowed that I wasn't going to put him up anymore. He was a big dog but still a pup. Very friendly but could knock you over by jumping on you! He has jumped on me before and bruised my leg. One day he ran past me when I opened the door. He ran into my bedroom and got on the bed and got one of Pup's toys and took it with him and went out. He carried off my shoes that I kept on the porch to wear outside. I found one but not the other. He carries everything he can find off and chews it up. He has chewed their drain pipes off, the dryer duct off, and he even chewed stuff off the heating unit and it had to be worked on. They finally put concrete blocks around it. They had lattice around the back of their house and he has chewed most of it off. Their back yard is a total mess with all the stuff he has carried around and chewed on.

Sunday I put the dog up again. Then later he was right back out and they were home. I went over there and knocked on the door and told him that the dog was out again. He said, "I don't know why he keeps getting out and I'm getting tired of it." I told him that I was tired of it too, and how I had carried rocks and covered so many holes he had dug. He went in to get shoes on and the dog came running up on the porch, so when he opened the door he let the dog inside. Then he slammed the door. He never said anything to me, like thank you for letting me know, thank you for all the times you have put him up, etc. I think the guy is an air head. When the dog gets out he simply puts him back up and doesn't repair the hole, so DUH, he thinks he won't get out again?? They feed and water the dog and that's it. They never played with him or had anything to do with him otherwise.

So yesterday I had gone to the grocery and when I came home there was a car pulled part way off the road in my yard and the dog was laying in my yard. The guy that owns the dog came and picked him up and carried him off. He put him in the car and left with him. I expect he had him put to sleep. The car pulled off was the one that had hit him. I saw some blood on my driveway. Poor dog. I blame the owner totally. He is too lazy to take care of the dog. He won't even mow his lawn or pick up any of that junk in his yard. People like that do not need animals. They have another dog outside but it has never gotten out. They have an inside dog and 2 cats inside. I think they take better care of the inside animals. Three times they have emptied their litter box in the guys yard right in front of them. He told me about this but he said he hated to say anything to them. They do this because they are too lazy to take it out back, which is farther, and too sorry to put it in the trash where it belongs. Makes me angry just thinking about it. I don't understand people like that. You hate to say things and make enemies of them, but then again they need to be told! Aarrghhhh!!! Okay, I feel better. I got that off my chest.

Last Friday I went to Owenton, KY to see my SIL's mother who is in a nursing home there. I have been wanting to see her for a long time and it had been about 4 years since I saw her last. It was a nice drive and very pretty with the lovely trees in all their fall colors. I also got to stop at my brother's house and I hadn't been there in a long time either. Then I stopped in Lexington and ate at Applebee's before driving on home.

Today I plan to wash my window curtains, so I better get busy!

26 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Congratulations, Rachel! You were the 2500th person to visit my LITTLE PHOTO PLACE blog this morning. Thank you.

I sure am glad you are coming around and feeling better too. Those nasty bugs are no fun.

BTW, there isn't a new thing on the PHOTO PLACE for this WW, instead I pasted a .jpg copy of my new 'Revised Cell Phone Usage Etiquette in Restaurants' there, you have seen that.

When Adi was a pup, she ate anything she could get her teeth into, even the wallboard and linoleum.
She liked to dig too! And run away!
Now she just chews on her bears a little and runs when I walk fast. She doesn't run away, she even stays in the front yard when I'm out and around. People ask if we have an invisible fence.

I'm lazy too, but I do take proper care of my animals. So Adi gets all her loving and her daily dose of Blue Bell Light Vanilla ice cream every evening before bedtime.
..

9:35 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

You are right Jamie, people like that shouldn't have animals....What a shame about the dog.

Glad you are feeling better...You probably pulled a rib with all of your coughing....Hang in there.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
That is to bad about the dog.
Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Ralph

10:22 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

It sounds like you went above and beyond where the dog was concerned...I'm actually surprised that he came and got it after it was hit...lazy "you know whats"!

I hate to hear you've been under the weather and wish you much improved health!
(((hugs)))

11:46 AM  
Blogger Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Rachel,
Thanks for stopping by this morning. I just updated my blog a little while ago. We got some more rain this morning and had cloud to ground lightening. I had to shut things off. We probably got about an inch to an inch and a half today. I am glad you are feeling much better. You probably bruised a rib or something the other day when you was sick at both ends. I'm sorry about the dog. If people aren't going to take care of animals, then, they shouldn't have them. Give them to someone who will take care of them and tend to them. That picture going to your house is beautiful with the color of the leaves. I'm glad you had a good drive the other day. I've been through Lexington before with hubby in the big truck. It is really pretty up there in them Kentucky Hills. Well, take care my friend and don't overdo it. God Bless You and have a great Tuesday.

Hugs,
Karen H.

12:26 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Very sad about the dog, Rachel. But you are soooo right. That man shouldn't really have a dog---or maybe ANY animals, inside or out!

I am so very glad you are feeling so very much better, my dear....Terrible that you pulled something while trying to get rid of that Stomach Virus...Help!

Keep feeling better and better my dear.

1:25 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better! I was worried about you.

Those animal stories just make me mad.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Glad you're on the mend Rachel.
Animal stories like that make me mad and sad. Can't imagine why he'd want a pet if he isn't going to care for it. Poor pup..
xo

3:53 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

I have scrubbed my hands and sprayed my computer with lysol after reading your post. Bless your little heart.

And bless your little heart for attepting to save that doggie. I hope those people don't have children because they say you can tell how people treat their kids by how they treat their pets.

4:35 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Rachel,

I'm so glad to know you are feeling better and are back to blogging again.

But I am so sorry you have gone through so much with that neighbor and his dog. Poor little dog is out of his misery now.


Take care,

Junie

9:30 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for the visit Rachel, and that room of mine is FABULOUS! Wish you could come use it...!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I hate when people get pets and don't take care of them!
glad you are feeling better!

3:49 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Oh the nasties, eh....chicken soup for the soul...with a clove of garlic.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. too bad about the dog...I hate to see any animal suffer. when our Golden Retriever escapes, there is no turning back. Told the kids today, we need to keep a close eye on him, as hunting season starts tomorrow, and he looks just like a deer.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

It's a shame and a wonder these people have animals when they don't make time for them. I'm sorry to hear about the dog.

Good to know you're feeling better!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I like seeing that picture of the road that leads to your house and thinking about coming by someday and driving up that road for a visit. :-)
Those neighbors don't sound like good neighbors at all. That poor dog! It makes me mad just thinking about you out there time and time again trying to patch those holes and trying to keep their dog from getting out!!!! And not even a thank you!!! That burns me up!!!!!!!
I'm glad you've been able to get out and about and do some things these past couple of weeks.
I'm also VERY glad that your side is better.
Being in pain is hitonious!!

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that you felt like writing all that tells me that you are feeling much better. Glad to hear it.

I agree with every word you wrote about the person with the escaping dog. I hated to hear it got hit by a car though. So sad! No animal deserves that kind of owner or that kind of death. I'll be thinking bad things about them for allowing it to happen.

3:15 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better!

Love the photo of the road to your house. Very beautiful trees!

Poor dog! What a bad owner he has! Rachel, I laughs so much when you said that the dog ran into your bedroom "and got on the bed and got one of Pup's toys and took it with him and went out." Lol!

Have a nice day!

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the dog deserved it.

I've missed you *sniff sniff*

2:46 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Rachel, glad you are improving, you sure covered some territory in that post, its good to let off some steam sometimes.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

You just reminded me of why I prefer my closest neighbour being 1/4 mile away. When we were an unorganized township, "range law "prevailed. Livestoch can range around, if your don't want them in your garden fence them out!!

Dogs are the least of my problems. pigs and cows have been known to get into the neighbour's yard. Yikes! Mercifully my dog stays on my 366 acres.

I do offer to pay for any damage my animals may do.

Your neighbour's pup obviously needed more attention, exercise, space and training if he is confined in a yard.

I hate to see dogs that shown character to meet a violent death.

5:35 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Dear Rachel..You are always soooo Supportive and Complientary---I thank you for being in my corner, ss one would say. You are such a positive spirit, my dear Rachel...

I thank you, with all my heart Rachel, for all you give to me, and others.....

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my poor lady so sorry to hear that you have been ill.

Are you familur with Glasbur (I think that is how you spell it) KY???

My mother is thinking of moving there.

6:44 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Rachel ~ What a pleasant drive that must be. VERY PRETTY! ~ jb///

8:10 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

My thoughts and prayers remain with you for continuing your journey back to full health. I am relieved to hear you are feeling better.
The drive to your place looks gorgeous!
The dog getting hit is so sad. The owner of the dog and all you went through with the dog makes me mad!
Ingratitude and irresponsible pet owners are such a problem.
I am glad you got to visit with your SIL's Mother and your brother.
You sound like you are getting busy over there. Don't overdue it.
Take care of you!
Huggles and Love,
Raggedy

8:16 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I know how you slaved at putting that large pup in its own yard time and time again, carrying large rocks and patching his holes while you were not feeling well yourself with your side hurting. You would think the neighbor would have at least thanked you for your kindness to his dog.

I almost cried when I read that the dog got hit by a car and I totally blame the owner too. Some people just don't know how to care for their pets and are totally irresponsible.

I'm glad your feeling much better and I'm glad that you have been out visiting and doing a little sightseeing. The BednBreakfast sounded wonderful. We stay in them now that we have found out that they don't cost as much as a motel room, you have nice company in the owners and you even get served meals. What more could you ask for.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter