Wednesday, July 16, 2008

BLOGSTOCK08.....PLUS!!

I thought I was all finished with my Blogstock08 posts but there is one more thing that comes to mind that I wanted to mention. Peter would have liked to have been at Blogstock and we all wanted him there. Since he couldn't come he had sent his wishes by way of Cliff and asked Cliff to gather a group to listen to a rendition of the Man From Snowy River. This Ciff did and he did it very eloquently! I wish someone had videoed it, but we had no idea what he was going to do. There was a small group and we were all sitting around the dining room table. I know that Jerry and Nora were there as well as Ralph, Marilyn, Char, and myself. I'm not sure if anyone else was. This poem is quite long and I was so impressed, as I think we all were, that Cliff knew the whole thing and could recite it like that. Quite amazing Cliff! Thank you Peter for suggesting it! If you aren't familiar with that poem you can see it here to see just how long it is. I'm pretty sure I took this picture just prior to him giving his rendition.














And now.........

Someone sent me these questions and I had to wonder myself......



If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea...does that mean that 1 enjoys it?

If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked, and dry cleaners depressed?

If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?

Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?

Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office?

What are we supposed to do, write to them?

Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen can look for them while they deliver the mail?

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag?

Whatever happened to Preparations A through G?

At income tax time, did you ever notice: When you put the two words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells... 'THEIRS'?

*********************************8
Try this.

1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your righthand. Your foot will change direction.

Have a wonderful day!!

19 Comments:

Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Cliff's recitation of The Man From Snowy River was amazing. Not only just memorizing it, but Cliff's perfect delivery. I'm so glad that I was there to hear it, and like you, wish we had gotten it on video.

Cliff just amazes me in so many ways.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad there is no recording as I'm sure we'd all love to hear it. I loved the funny questions.

8:30 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Rachel ~ Was that the poem that Cliff gave to Ralph right before passing out the BlogStock '08 bags? Mrs. LZ and I were there for that one. It was amazing that he could remember that poem. It was quite long... but everyone loved the ENDING (well... except for Ralph!) By the way, I heard you WERE the one that got my truffles! LOL! ~ jb///

10:11 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I read the poem and loved it. I could never memorize it! WOW! Loved the funnies at the end of your post.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

LZ Blogger
No, that wasn't the poem! HaHa! That was a cute joke he told using Ralph in it though!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Great jokes at the end!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel -- That Cliff is good at memorizing! That may come from his training as a singer, choir directors like to have the songs memorized and not show any song books.

Your questions:
--Any YES/NO are all YES
--The bald man has his drivers license say what ever color he writes on the app. (my 'eyes' say green).
--Pictures on the stamps might beat the ZIP+4 system
--I had to check this one out a little, the same thing happened to Preparations A through G that happened to Preparations I through Z.
Those are 'Ask Dr. Jim (blog)' type questions and that is how I would answer them.
http://jimmiehov8.blogspot.com/
..

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Or he had a Telprompter hidden back behind you somewhere.
..

11:19 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

i think u just over stimulated my mind Rachel.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I bet that was truly wonderful! Cliff's a mighty talented guy!!

I suppose bald men could put "transparent" as their hair color on their driver's license.

:-)

I've tried that foot circle & draw a 6 thingy on several occasions. I just tried it again. It is frustrating to not be able to keep the foot going clockwise.
Flippin, Hades, Holy Shite!!!

:-)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

I'll have to do that foot test at work where it'll be more fun if I get caught. ;)

I love those questions!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

What Jerry said about the Man from Snowy River. Cliff has amazed me doing that on several poems before.
This one is so true - You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.
Ralph

5:42 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That is a VERY VERY LONG Poem...And he jnew the whole thing by heart?? How Amazing is that?Well, Bless him and his memory! (lol)

Those Questions are great Rachel...I had seen a few of them before but most I had not and they are really GREAT! Thanks for that, my dear...!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Cliff must have an incredible memory. That poem is very long!

I did the foot thing and was only able to do the eight for a short time before my foot misbehaved.
I hope the neighbor wasn't watching me. LOL

6:41 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Cliff is amazing to know that poem all by heart. Loved seeing & hearing all about your trip.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

WOW! He recited the whole poem? That is amazing! I could NEVER memorize anything that long! Sometimes I can't even remember my NAME! LOL Enjoyed your pictures from blogstock and the questions at the end of your post today!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Oh wow, that foot thing is incredible! Why does that happen??

Very funny questions! I epsecially liked the one about the IRS. SO TRUE!!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Well many thanks for the kind comments to all of you and of course to you dear Rachel.
I too loved the funnies at the end.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter