Monday, October 27, 2008

Dumb Stuff

I was reading about some dumb state laws and looked some up and decided to share them with you.

Kentucky
Throwing eggs at a public speaker could result in up to one year in prison. (Yeah, I'll bet!!)
In Fort Thomas, KY dogs may not molest cars. (I wonder if the dogs are aware of this law?)
In Owensboro, KY a woman may not buy a hat without her husband's permission. (bet they don't enforce this one!)

Nebraska
It is illegal to go whale fishing. (Yeah, all kinds of whales there!)
If a child burps during church, his parent may be arrested. (Cliff, did you ever get arrested over this one?)
In Omaha a man is not allowed to run around with a shaved chest. (Jerry, take heed!)

California
Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship. (Sounds reasonable to me. Tell the animals!)

Arkansas
Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs. (Jamie Dawn, put your pet back in the swamp where he belongs!)

Ohio
It is illegal to get a fish drunk. (I sure hope so!)

Tennessee
Driving is not to be done while sleeping. (Duh!)
More than 8 women may not live in a house because that would constitute a brothel. (Maybe. Maybe not.)
You can't shoot any game other than whales from a moving vehicle. (What is it with whales?)

You can go to http://www.dumblaws.com to read these laws, if you like, and then click on your state.

***************************************************************


We are having a blast of colder air. I wonder how many calories you burn a day from shivering? It's really not that cold but when it's been warm and then it drops quite a bit like that it just seems so much colder than it is.

Election day draws nearer and remember folks:

Politicians and diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.

22 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Those laws are so funny. I love the quote about the politicians, too. I froze all day yesterday. I don't know what I am going to do when it really gets cold! My electric bill will be a fortune.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

Whales? Are there Whales in Nebraska? I guess only Cliff could tell us that one! I really don't get some of the reasons behind the laws, but they do make me laugh! I have to go to that site and make it a point to look up my area! You may see a "copycat" post on my blog!

5:26 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Those laws are very funny, Rachel! LOL! Laugh is so good!
A big hug to you!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Too true about the politicions and diapers needing to be changed for the same reasons Rachel.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only guess what incidents happened that caused people to pass these laws. Surely someone must have thought he saw whales and was shooting them from a moving vehicle out there on the prairie. But what about pink elephants, can we shoot them?

10:52 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL....Indeed, Indeed!
This a wonderful post Rachel...Some of these laws are so funny and YOUR Comments---Even Funnier.
I have to go look up California to see what othedr dumb laws we have....LOL!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

The last comment is the best ever! I love it!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
You're right what is thing with whales.
So, in Nebraska it's okay for Cliff to burp in church just not the kids?
Good post.
Ralph

2:25 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Those laws are hillarious!!!
I sure got a good chuckle from your politian funny too! I have to borrow that one for sure!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Beautiful quote at the end. So many rules in the South. If we lived in Kentucky I'd be arrested for buying hats and my husband would be thrown in prison for shooting eggs at me on my soapbox!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Election season is over for me. I already voted.

I love reading these laws. Why on earth wold some of them even be necessary?

4:11 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

I have read some of these before and I think they are very funny. Really, shouldn't someone revise some of these stupid laws?

4:53 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Rachel, I will have to go check out Texas and see what kind of crazy laws we have. Whales in Nebraska? That I have to see.

You sure nailed that last statement....lol.

Happy Voting.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Rachel. these are great. I can't wait to read the rest. We have a cousin in Owensboro so his wife is going to love the hat law. Hope JD won't be too sad about getting her pet out of the tub. What's with Jerry shaving his chest? Did you learn about that at Blogstock '08? What went on there that you guys didn't tell us about? Our small Kansas town had a law on the books that people could not quack like a duck on mainstreet.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

The saying at the end was perfect R.
I don't remember being arrested in church..except for that one time. Oh, never mind.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Rachel I have met a sweet sweet lady in the blog neighborhood that I thought you might enjoy meeting. Mildred is her name and here is her blog addy:
http://nalleyvalley.blogspot.com/

2:33 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Rachel ~ I guess I'll have to let Cliff know about not taking his razor in to Omaha while he's going to the big city! ~ jb///

2:40 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi dear Rachel,
Thank you for your nice visiting! You deserve all Awards!

I will wait for you on Ecological Day, next November 2th. I will open Mister Linky tomorrow, 1th November, 06:00 PM. Would be great to have your participation!

2:51 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

A Very Happy Halloween to you too, my dear...!
I'm hiding in my bed. No one comes anymore anyway and I ended up eating ALL the candy...(lol)....So, now, I just pretend I'm not home....!
Do a lot of kids come to your door?
Well, even if they don't, I hope you get your "Candy Corn" Fix! (lol)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

LOVE that final quote!!!!

I guess Alli, my alligator is gonna have to return to the swamp. Darn it!

Cliff's kids may have burped in church, but I KNOW Cliff has most certainly burped in church!!
I wonder if he had to pay some kind of hefty fine for that?

:-)

Fun post, Rachel.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL These R terrific! Your last line, oh that is the truth!

3:06 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I had a dog molest my motorcycle today. I wonder if that dog was being unlawful?

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter