Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm Alive!!

I must apologize for not being on my computer that much lately. I sure do appreciate those who comment on my blog when I haven't been around to theirs lately! You know who you are!! :)

I am feeling under the weather today. I was throwing up last night and felt crappy all day. I didn't go to church this morning. If I'm getting something I sure don't want to pass it on to anyone else. So I have watched a little TV and laid on the sofa snoozing this afternoon. I did go out to feed the cats I feed daily and I went to Save-a-lot and got a loaf of bread since we were totally out. I don't know if I just have a bug or what. I don't have any symptoms of "that flu," which is good! So I'm hoping this was just a 24 hour bug. I do have a great-nephew who has the H1N1 stuff and I was over at their house the day before he was diagnosed and I did hug him when I entered and when I left. I don't think you could catch it from just hugging, and he was fine then. He woke up sick the next morning. He was told to stay out of school until this Tuesday at least, and then to return if his fever is normal and he's feeling okay by then.

Someone asked me how much the flu shot cost me. I paid $23 for mine. Some places like the pharmacies were charging $29, but if you have Medicare then it's free. I'm not old enough for Medicare and I have to pay almost $400 a month for my health insurance and that is with a $5000 deductible. Yes!! That is right! Makes me angry but what can I do? I feel like I have to have insurance but it's so darn expensive that it's hard to pay. I can see why so many are without it. If mine goes much higher I guess I'll be in that category. They must think I'm rich. WRONG!

I saw this stuff and I wonder if some of this might make me feel better?? Haha!! If you can't read it you can click on it to enlarge it, or any of these photos.





I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!!! I'm going to catch up with everyone as soon as I can! I promise!!
Sunday Sign


This photo I took today from our yard.



This is one of the prettiest trees I saw and it is near our Save-a-lot store.




13 Comments:

Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Hope you are feeling better real soon!

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Linda in Erie said...

Beautiful trees, this is a gorgeous time of year. Hope you are feeling better soon.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Other years by now both of us have had our flu shots. Not so this year. They are supposed to start making more flu serum Nov. 1st. This is really ridiculous. I haven't had flu (knock on wood) for at least 20 some years and I don't want it now.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Get to feeling better soon! Think of you often and will keep you in my prayers. Love the fall color around your place

5:33 AM  
Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

Yikes! That H1N1 sure does get around! You very well might have a mild case of it. And I have heard it is very contagious. Take care!
Cindy

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you under the weather.
Love the trees. Are are almost done.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Fall does reveal God's creations... great sign and pictures... We don't get the fall colors down here in Houston... I sure wish we did...

My daughter has the swine flu three weeks ago... She is a student at A & M University and half the campus had it... She had fever for three full days.... I have a list comparing cold and flu symptoms... I will send it to you if I can find your email address... Get better, girl.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Get feeling better Rachel. Great sign and great picture of that tree. We pretty much missed Fall colors this year due to heavy freezes.
Ralph

6:12 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Dear Rachel...I hope you don't have that H1N1, my dear....Do take good care and get lots of rest...!

I love 'From Tonhue To Tailpipe'....LOL, LOL.

Thanks so much for the Halloween card, my dear....I really appreciate it! You are such a wonderful person Rachel, in every way. And you are really something going and feeding those Cats every day....St. Francis!

Thee leaves on that tree are GORGEOUS! I know it is so pretty there in the East, at this time of year. Do you know it was 91 here today...And they say it will be in the upper 60's tomorrow....! CRAZY CRAZY Weather!

1:51 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel, I do hope you are feeling better today. I have my mask on and have had my flu shot so don't worry about giving it to me.
Also I hope your nephew is better. That stuff is really hard on the younger generation.
Your church sign is very appropriate for the season. Your pictures are a nice proof of the season.
..

4:09 AM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Sorry to hear your not feeling well, hope your feeling better soon. Autumn is one of my favourite seasons. The colour of Mother Nature, jeans and sweatshirts, cool, crisp air. Take care!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Hi Rachel, I hope you are feeling much better by now. I don't know how people that have to pay for health insurance afford it. Something definitely needs to be done about health care in this country. The tree is so pretty and loved the sign. Take care.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous tipper said...

Hope you're feeling all better now! I see the trees are beautiful in your area too. I believe the fall color here is prettier than it's ever been.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter