Friday, February 05, 2010

Snowmen, Rain, and Other Things

This is what's left of my snowman! Pitiful isn't it? Just about all gone away. We have been getting oodles of rain today and it continues. I would say it's raining cats and dogs but I haven't seen any of those falling from the sky!





I took this photo at my nephew's house. I think this one is lasting longer since they put clothes on it. He is leaning a bit though!





This is Hyacinth from the British sitcom "Keeping Up Appearances." I always loved to watch this show and I think I've seen all of them. Unfortunately it wasn't on that many years. Now if you have watched this show you know that their last name is "Bucket," but she likes it pronounced "Bouquet."






I do like the name Hyacinth. Can you imagine having children and naming them all after flowers? "Oh, dinner's ready! Get washed up Hyacinth, Chrysanthemum, Marigold, and Daffodil."

"Tell your brother Prickly Pear to get a move on!" It's harder to find a name for a boy with flowers in mind. Can you think of any good ones?

9 Comments:

Blogger Granny Annie said...

Your little remaining snowman seems to be softly calling out "Help me, help me". I love it that you built one. Just shows there's kid in you left.

Hyacinth Bucket/Bouquet is the best character on TV. I can watch the reruns over and over. I love it when the Vicar and the neighbor's brother are trying to elude her.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I ever saw this program but the names are funny. I cannot think of a flower name for a boy. There must be one out there! It has rained here all day, too.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

My snowman went the way of all snowmen about ten days ago.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Your snowman is so pathetic looking now that the rain has melted him down but your nephews looks like he had a bit much communion wine!
Isn't it interesting that mostly girls were named for flowers?
I did a little research just because I was curious and found these flower names with meanings.
Borage-bluntness
Mandrake-scarcity
Mistletoe-parasite
Mugwart-happiness
Nettle-cruelty
Anemone-abandonment
Sweeet William-gallantry

8:40 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...It would be funny to name all your children Flower Names.....And you are right! Hard to think of some good ones for boys---I'll have to give that some thought....lol!

Poor little melting snowman....I bet he was cute!

2:26 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I don't know this British series.

English comedies are quite popular here. I wonder why this one was't run.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your poor little snowman, looks like ours does now. That show sounds interesting and I bet it's really funny. I'll have to try and find it in our tv listings.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Janet, said...

It may sound stupid, but how about dogwood for a boy.

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter