Thursday, August 05, 2010

I am Guilty

Of blogger neglect. It's a good thing there isn't a law about blogging regularly, because lately I would be fined a huge amount. I know some others have been having blogger neglect too, and Jim says it should be blamed on global warming. Sounds good to me. Now you know why I haven't been blogging much lately. Global warming.

I think we have had some of that global warming around here. Yesterday it was 103 when I called our local Time & Temp number. The humidity has been so bad. I walk outside and the sweat pours. I honestly think I have sweated more this summer than any other.

Last night we had thunderstorms and they were hefty with bad lightening and crashing thunder. I awoke to more rain and thunder this morning.

I had a very nice day as
Sandy her husband Jimmy, and her brother Ron, came by and they took me to lunch at The Harbour Restaurant at Lee's Ford Marina. It's a lovely place to eat there and the view of the marina is just great. While we were there it came up a storm and the wind got pretty hard. One of the docks almost got the roof lifted off and it would raise up and we thought it was going and then it would set back down. Some of it did go and the dock broke in the middle and the dock turned into a V instead of a straight row. The restaurant lost power and they were rushing to get to the dock to check on the boats docked in those slips as a first priority. Thankfully we had our food and were eating but some of the others did not get to eat since the kitchen had no electricity.

Here's a photo of Sandy and I.













Here's the broken dock. Prior to the wind it had been connected to the end of that other one and going in the same direction as the other one, but it seemed the wind really blew hard there. It's located kind of in an inlet and the wind whipped through there pretty hard.















On the way home we did see several big limbs blown out of trees. Thankfully, no damage at our house.


I'll try to amend my blogging ways and do better. I'll get around to visit everyone very soon too!! I do think of my blogging friends very often, even if I haven't been blogging or commenting much.

7 Comments:

Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

You know what, Rachel? I wish you were my neighbor. I think we'd hit it off right straight!
Blessings to you, dear blogging friend!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Blogging shouldn't be a job. Blog and comment when you feel like it; other times, don't worry about it. You do have a life, my friend.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

I'm guilty too Rachel. My blog has been neglected this summer... Oh well, life goes on!

2:30 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

The weather sounds pretty scary there...! THat was some Horrific Storm, Rachel...! Is that typical of your summer storms?? Not sure I would like all that, at all....!

Thanks for your kind and caring words about dear dear Sweetie....I am beside myself with worry....

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Judy said...

I think this weather is getting to everyone. They are saying 100 here this week. I did not even go to the 127 yard sales this year. I don't see how those people can sit out there in that heat for days. Great picture. Hope you have a good week.

6:31 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Like you, I have my spurts of blogging and then I have times when I am just too busy to even turn the computer on.
And then there are the times when the computer seems to be on vacation and jsut won't cooperate.

But it is always good to know you are OK. Funny how we can worry about people we have never met when their blog remains silent for a while!
Like Farmgirl, I, too, wish we were neighbors! But then, I have said that before!

5:36 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Rachel,

I enjoyed catching up with you!

My goodness- that storm situation must have been scary for you all! Glad it didn't do damage at your place.

I like the pic of you and Sandy_ Nice you can see each other occasionally!

Well- I don't know about Global Warming being to blame for the decline in blogging...I tend to think it's Facebook doing the damage to blogging!

Oh well- if one has to go for me it will be FB-NOT my blogs! :)

Take care, dear Rachel,


Junie

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter