Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Someone Left the Cake Out in the Rain...I don't think that I can take it cause it took so long to bake it and I'll never have that recipe again.......

What does the title have to do with my post? Nothing...except the rain, and that song came to mind, so there you have it. With any luck you'll be humming this song for the rest of the day, if it's one you recall that is!!

We have had plenty of rain lately. We also got some storms, but thankfully nothing real bad. The tornado sirens did go off on Saturday night but the storm was mostly lightening and heavy rain. I got a new rain gauge and it has been put to good use!
Here you can see the storm clouds moving in.




Can you figure out where this sign was taken, or what they sell I mean?
















I went back to the eye doctor last week. She said I still have blisters in both eyes and she gave me some stronger drops to use. They do feel better, so I hope this week they'll be all clear when I go back again. Maybe all this rain washed some of the pollen away and the allergies won't be so bad.

As you can tell, I don't have anything exciting to talk about. It makes it hard to blog when I am at a loss for "blog fodder."

10 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Now that song is in my head...lol... We have had some good rains down here too, Rachel... MY tomatoes love real rain water over the water from the garden hose.... I think we will have some great tomatoes this yea....

8:48 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

OH yes, hope your eyes get better soon.

8:48 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I wrote this whole long comment and I have no idea where it went...
I do remember that song, my dear..And "McArthur Park" is right here in Los Angeles....

So sorry you are still having eye problems. EYE BLISTERS sound truly ghastly! I dearly hope that clears up very quickly.

As to all that Rain....I hope it let's up soon, my dear, and that you do not have a Tornado...!!

That sign is a complete mystery to me. Please do tell us what it means and where it is!

Hugs To You, My Dear.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Eye irritation is the worse.

Rescooperate is not in the dictionary.

Yep,the song is with me for the day.

I'd say you came up with some good blog fodder.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never heard that song before and I have no idea about that sign either! Is it a church sign? Yes, please do tell us what it is. We got your same rain and same storms on Sat. night. I have to mow all day today. My grass is a foot tall from it all.

6:25 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Rachel,
I don't know that song...

I hope your eyes get better very soon.

Love photos of dramatic sky, but I am glad that you did not had
real bad storms.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

That song was very popular when I first began dating my bride. The lyrics make no sense but it's our son.
I reread the 911 call again and laughed out loud again.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I'm convinced the same amount of "blog fodder" is still around Rachel, I believe its the enthusiasm to use it that wanes.. sadly.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Rachel, I don't know the meaning of 'RESCOOPERATE.' Sorry, I suppose I missed a good laugh.

Google only has about 59 entries for 'RESCOOPERATE' so I'm thinking I should laugh anyway.

That song is supposedly written for Buddy Holly when he died in the 1958 plane crash.

I'm going to rescooperate for a while it is way past my bed time. :)
..

11:18 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for your visit my dear....I do dearly appreciate your always sweet caring comments. And I hope all is good with you.
It feels like less and less people are blogging these days---maybe there is a certain "shelf-life" to Blogging....But I hope you will keep on blogging, dear Rachel.
And I hope your eyes are improving, my dear...!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter