Friday, March 12, 2010

Things that Start With C's

Today was rainy and we even had thunderstorms. Certainly a good sign of spring around here. Things are getting greener and budding out! Bring it on!!

While it was rainy and thunderstorming I thought I'd make some cookies.

Sugar Cookies




Peanut Butter Cookies





This is the latest cat added to our family. It came from the farm where I feed the cats every day. I tried to pet the kittens and over time I managed to pet them some while they were eating. Then something happened to the other yellow one, her sibling. It just wasn't there one day. I kept trying to pet this one and the more I petted it the more it liked it. I always talked in baby talk, like I do with animals, and I called it "Little One," because it will always be small for a cat. It's mother is very small too. One day I was down there and it was limping. I decided then to bring it home with me. It allowed me to hold it on my lap as I drove home with it. No problems whatsoever. She has been to the vet for shots, etc. She spends most of her time laying in front of the fridge where the warm air blows out from underneath it. Her name is "Little One." We now have 6 cats. Ain't she cute? She's very sweet too!! When she meows she wrinkles that little nose up and it's so adorable!! I guess you have to be a cat person to think that's a cute thing though.



12 Comments:

Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

The cookies look yummy and the cat is indeed cute. It would be bad if I reversed those, now wouldn't it? lol ;o)

It's been many years since we've been without at least one cat in the house. We now have 2 but my 17 year old is showing her age and I know she won't be with us too many more years. I love 'em so much, and it's so hard on me to give them up. I've about decided that I won't be getting any more cats when these 2 go on to their reward. Of course then there's that cute thing, so nothing's written in stone.

Have a great weekend, Rachel. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

8:34 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

If it were up to me I would build a really large place and take all the cats I could find. They don't ask much from us...food, water and an occasional pat on the head. But you and I know we do so much more for those that we do have. They are a wonderful addition to any household.
Your little one looks like my Punkin'.

10:12 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Dear Rachel...She is adorable! And so very sweet looking...What a dear little face she has. You are wonderful the way you have been so devoted to ALL the cats over at the Farm...For as long as I have known you, you have been feeding them...YOU ARE AMAZING! Congratulations on "Little One"....!Sweetie sends a big hug and a Meowwwww!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I almost forget the yummy cookies when I see the Little One, what a sweet cat ! So good that you gave her a home. 5 or 6 cats make no difference, lol !

1:12 AM  
Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

I DO love me some kittens! We currently have 3 cats, 1 dog, 11 chickens, and too many ducks in the pond to count!!!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me. Cookie cookie cookie starts with C.
I've heard Cookie Monster has to emphasize healthy foods these days. That's just wrong.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cookies look so good. YUM! Little One is so cute, too. I bet you are a wonderful mommy to those cats. It has rained here, too. Have a good weekend.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

The coookies look great Rachel. Six cats? That might be a little much for me. Keep them away from those cookies.
Ralph

7:55 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your Little One looks just like Jimmy's cat Jybow. I love peanutbutter cookies and now I'll have a craving for them until I bake some.

11:54 AM  
Blogger possum said...

What a precious kitten! And it is so lucky, isn't it?
I LOVED the pic of the mouse in your shoe. Such a thoughtful gift! LOL!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

2:36 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh! She is a cutie, Rachel!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter