Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Neglect

Can you stand seeing another snow photo? As you can see it was coming down really good when I took this picture on Monday.







I've been dreadfully neglectful in updating my blog. Do I have an excuse? No..not really. I went to the grocery store a couple of days ago and there was only about 2 cars in the parking lot, due to the weather we've been having, so the cashiers were not busy. One said that this weather made her sleepy and she wanted to hibernate. I think that pretty much sums up how it makes me feel too.

Last week I went to a Valentine's party, and here I am dressed in my red sweater. Some of the people there were totally in red; red hats, red clothes, red socks, and red shoes! It was amazing to see folks with total red right down to their purses, socks, and shoes! Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of them.

















After the Super Bowl the church immediately posted this sign to follow up from their previous sign.






Last Friday night I also went out to a dinner theatre. It was so much fun and I'm so glad I went. It was "And So They Had None," a play by Robert Alan Ward. It was lighthearted comedy about who ate the Boston Cream Pie they planned to have for dessert! A whodunit of another kind! I went alone but sat with some really nice folks and I had a table right near the stage, which made it even better. The meal was great, and for dessert we had....yep you guessed it...Boston Cream Pie!! I love plays and was so glad I got to go to see this one. It was at one of the local Christian schools.
I hope everyone had a very nice Valentine's Day!!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Linda from Erie said...

I think most of us has had problems updating our blogs. You look so nice in your red sweater and bet it was nice to get out. I always love your church signs!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Janet, said...

Seems like the snow hasn't been keeping you down, you've been pretty busy. I like the church sign.

3:11 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

It is interesting how you feel about the little bit of snow you are getting. Here people get energized with the coming of the snow. They can't wait to ge able to use their snow machines and go ice fishing.
One of the fun things to do is to cook a shore lunch of the fish you have caught through the ice.

On a calm clear day some of my neighbours will build a fire and sit around it in lawn chairs much as you would on a summer day, except there might be a foot or more snow on the ground and the temperature might be as cold as -20C, (much colder than that is uncomfortable.)

Perhaps, by next year your weather will be more like what you are used to.

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Boston cream pie would be enough for me to enjoy anything!lol. You look so pretty in your red. Happy late Valentine's Day to you. It seems I have been in hibernation for some time now. Thirty more days till spring! That is a great sign.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

Hey Rachel! The hibernation idea sounds like a good one! I am sick up to here with the cold and snow! At least spring is just around the proverbial corner and the days ARE getting longer. Won't be long before the grass will need mowing. Right?

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

I am so tried of snow. Glad you a good time at the play. You can't go wrong with Boston Cream Pie.
Ralph

12:36 PM  
Anonymous veterankindergartenteacher said...

Great pictures!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:31 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Snow, snow, and more snow....Incredible!

You are missed when you don't post Rachel....but I understand that sometimes this is just the way it is.....Glsd you got out to see a play and you look lovely in your "Valentine" Red....!

LOVE that Church Sign!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Did the others have red undies?

Love the Sunday sign.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm glad that G. Annie asked that question, I was thinking it but was too modest to ask.

And please don't blame the snow on your wanting to hybernate. It is the combination of winter and bear genes. For some, then, it comes naturally. For sure we don't have snow here.

Like your church sign, it reminds me I need to post my (not mine, I heard it from Mrs. Jim) Saints joke.
..

7:13 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I laughed out loud at the sign. That's great.
The V day party you described will also describe every football saturday in Lincoln Ne when the cornhuskers are playing.
I'm glad you had a great time at the play. We went to "Chicago" last week in Omaha. Great show also.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Tipper said...

Love the photo-red is favorite color : ) My snow is almost gone-and I'm betting it will be by the end of today.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Janell said...

What a great day you had! You look beautiful in red. I was snowed in on Val. Day, boohoo. Church signs are right on!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm bad about changing my blog sidebar pictures or anything. It's not because I don't want to, but when I make a change in just the background color it just doesn't look like MY BLOG so I change it back. I guess I'm just not a person who likes change and once I get things the way I like them I leave them alone. Besides I've heard of people who have lost their entire blog, POOF! never to be seen again when they have tried to change things around too much.

I love that picture of you. You look so pretty in Red but then again you look pretty in anything you wear.

Glad you're getting out and doing things and that this snow & bad winter weather isn't keeping you at home. I don't have any excuses for staying at home, but I think I've stayed in the house this winter more than I ever have in the past. I need to get out and not just to Walmart, hahaha.

Loved your Sunday signs.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Hi Rachel, I'm tired of the snow too. The only thing I like about it...it makes my yard look as good as my neighbors. LOL I can't wait to soak some of the wonderful sunshine into my body. The next time I see the sunshine, I'm going to try to kiss it! I like your picture in your red sweater. You look good. Red is one of my favorite colors.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous cathy said...

you look really lovely in your red topXXXXXCath

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter