Monday, March 08, 2010

A Day Late and a Dollar Short.........

I'm a day late but let's overlook that. Okay? Thanks.

I was just looking at the photos of the stars on the red carpet at the Oscar's. They have the list of the best and the worst dressed. I don't know who makes those decisions but I certainly don't agree with what they come up with. I guess we all have our own opinions and tastes though!

Spring has finally come to our neck of the woods and it's been so enjoyable! I got my Mandevilla plant out of the basement and I've been bringing it out during the day for some sunshine and warmth. It is already sprouting new growth even being in the basement! I'm so glad someone told me I could put it in the basement and keep it over the winter. They are such a beautiful plant.

I took this photo of Billy's feet while he was sleeping. Aren't they cute?





I've had a fairly busy week, for me anyway. My friend that had been in the hospital passed away and I went to her funeral. She would have been 85 this month. Her funeral was very beautiful and she would have been proud.
I also went bowling again. Can't say that I'm getting any better at it, but it's fun and that's what counts.
I also had to get a mammogram last Friday. This has always been a dreaded procedure since they mash things flat as a pancake and it's not pleasant to say the least. However, they have new machines that they call "digital" now, and even though the machine still looked like one of those vice gripping squeeze machines, it was pleasantly not painful at all. That was a nice surprise!
I hope that all my blogging friends are doing great and that springtime has come to your neck of the woods too!

SUNDAY SIGN




12 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

Great sign Rachel. No Spring hasn't arrived here yet but it is getting close. Rained a little last night and it sure did smell good outside this morning then - I saw the patch of snow in my yard that just will not melt.
Enjoy your weather and your week.
Ralph

10:59 AM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Rachel! Spring arrived here this weekend. What a beauty of a weekend it was. Sun shining - warmer temps.
I love the picture of Billy's feet.
Love the sign.
Well enjoy yourself and the nice weather. Lisa

3:50 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Love that plant Rachel. I'm not familiar with it! So jappy Spring has finally come your way.....Very Cute Paws, by the way....

Great Church Sign, my dear....

I agree with you about the "opinions" on the clothes, etc. I thought all the ladies looked GREAT! I don't care what any of those so-called experts say.....

1:06 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Now Rachel you know my daughter and goddaughter were the best dressed on the Red Carpet. We have managed to find one still shot and one video of them entering near George Clooney. I'll be posting soon.

Love the fuzzy feet photo. Great Sunday sign. So sad about your friend. I know you have been visiting and praying for her and that she is now in a better place.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, So sorry to hear about your friend. Spring has sprung here, too, and I am so thankful to feel the sun on my skin. I loved hearing there are new mammogram machines. I act like a child when I get one because it hurts me so bad. Billy does have the cutest feet ever. Loved the sign.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Spring is here also although I think we are at least a month behind. It is too soon here to be bring plants out. It fills us all with hope and joy for the warmer weather.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I love the sign!!!
I am due for my Mammo too and I sure hope they have the new digital machines here too.

I'm sory about your friend passing. How sad for you.

We had rain this morning but right now the sun is peeking out from the clouds and warming me. I love it!

I don't watch those award things on TV. And as far as the fashions go it looks to me they are trying to expose as much as possible without having something fall out. Or at least make it look as though they are trying to prevent such a happening.

10:04 AM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

I've never watched the Oscars, not really interested. About the only awards show I do watch is the CMT Country Music Awards.

No signs of Spring here yet, not unless you count the geese I see flying north!

Nice Sunday sign, so true!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I see CNN is trying to copy your obsession with church signs.

http://www.ireport.com/ir-topic-stories.jspa?topicId=418341&hpt=C2

1:13 AM  
Anonymous sewa mobil said...

wow great post and great advice. I tend to only read the blogs that I find interesting .
Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kentucky must be beautiful with Spring round the corner! How fortunate to be living out there! We, in India dread summer when I escape to our Himalayas!
Feels good to be here...

6:15 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Sorry about your friend's passing away.
Yep ...spring is slowly getting here. It has finally quit freezing every night. Just some of them now.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter