Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Chit Chat

Here is a pretty succulent, hens and chicks. Of course this is just a hen with no chicks yet! Isn't it pretty with those different shades of colors! This is a really large one too. Then there are the daffodils that are blooming. I have some that are about ready to bloom but haven't bloomed yet. They are a different variety and larger than these. You can click on the pictures to make them larger.



















I haven't been doing much in the way of excitement. I am long overdue I think. I'm talking about nice excitement -- not any excitement of a bad kind. Only good excitement! I was trying to think of what I could possibly blog about. I was going to show you a corn on my little toe, but decided you all probably didn't really want to see it.

Right now folks around here are excited about the University of KY Wildcats being in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen tournament! I sure hope they can go all the way. I don't watch the games because they are too nerve wracking for me. When they played Mississippi I had it on and right at the end there was only a few seconds left (8.2) and they were behind a couple of points. I thought there is no way they can win, so I turned it off. Later on I found out they had made a basket and tied it up, then they won in overtime!! I can watch the games but when it gets to the end and they are really close that's when it becomes nerve wracking! That's when I have to turn it off and then find out later if they won or not! My SIL calls that a "nail biting game!" But I'm rooting for them!!







A friend gave me this dear litte teapot night light. Isn't it adorable?! I just love it! It's perfect for Easter with those cute bunnies!







Here's my late church sign for this week. I'm sorry it's blurry and hard on the eyes.






10 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

You know I LOVE Suculants..I believe that is an Echevaria...The colors are so pretty...And Your Daffodils are very very pretty, too...!

Hey, maybe you shouldsn't turn those games on till the last 10 minutes and then maybe it won't be so nerve-racking...lol!

Great Sign, Rachel.....

And, BTW: The 2nd installment on that wonderful Mosiacs Gouse will be up very soon.....It's almost ready---it will be after midnight here....! I just LOVE all the amazing Designs this man has done....And you are right....The tiling is EVERYWHERE....!

11:43 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

"....Mosiac HOUSE..." lol! My finger slipped over to the "G"....!

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have several suculants, too, and I love them. I have one in a pot in my kitchen. Like you, I can't watch UK games when they get close. I go in the other room and get on the computer and my Bob yells and screams and acts like a fool, so I can still pretty much tell what is going on. I hope they go all the way, too. Great sign.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

You and I are alike in watching games! Things are starting to bloom here as well. Spring has sprung!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
Walked through the yard yesterday and saw that weeds are starting to spring out of the ground. You know it has been a long, hard winter when I am glad to see weeds!
Good sign.
Ralph

11:23 AM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Your hen is so pretty! I have two with chicks. Not as colorful as yours

Got lots of daffies blooming, too, and ther forsythia bush is solid gold right now.I love spring.

Your teapot lamp is so cute! And the church sign is right on!

Have a great week.

Renie

1:54 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

My one daffodil plant opened on Sunday. It's still waiting for all the others to follow suit.
When we moved here some 23 years ago there were a few hen and chicks plants but somewhere along the line they disappeared.
Love that night light (bunnies are the sweetest, next to kittens).

10:02 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

We finally have daffodils and they managed to survive our sudden return of winter on the first day of spring. We were hit with cold, wind, sleet and 8 inches of snow!

I have only tried once to raise hen and chicks and I killed them. They are supposed to be easy but I can manage.

Great church sign!

5:26 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Rachel,

Enjoyed reading your post , as always! :)

LOL- WE could compare our corns on our toes!! Bet mine is bigger- if not bigger I bet it hurts more than yours anyway!! :)

I got something for you at my place-Come see.


Junie

10:56 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I didn't see any chickens in the pic Rachel.
I agree the games are pretty exciting. I guess the pressure is off of you now.
It took 2 overtime periods for K State to get rid of Xavier. What a game.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter