Friday, September 10, 2010

And a Do-Si-Do to All

Yes, I'm still here! We had some much needed rain yesterday and overnight. I poured 4.5 inches out of the rain gauge this morning.

Not much going on around here but the usual routine, and that's a good thing I guess. I am taking square dance lessons and it's lots of fun. It's pretty low key but still good exercise. I have learned how to do-si-do!! We have 6 kids from the same family taking lessons too. These are all adopted kids, so they are close to the same ages, all but one of them who is a teenager. I think they'll pick it up and do okay, and they have no ends to their energy! So we'll see how it goes!

One of my cats got killed on the road. That was Billy. He was such a pretty cat and so sweet. Sweet to me that is. He was a terror to the other cats and was a big bully. Anyone who loves cats know they all have their own personalities, and Billy was different. He used to carry all his toys to the bathtub and he'd play in there for hours with them. I would throw my arms up in the air and he would hump up and jump sideways at me!! So cute!! I'm sure the other cats are glad he's gone. I have seen him jump up in the air and come down on the back of another cat...for no reason other than just mean. He wasn't playing either. He made the fur fly and they all ran at the sight of him.

Only about 2 days after he was killed a little black stray kitten came along and it was so hungry with its little sides sunk in. I named it Diddlydo. It's a real sweetie and now no longer has any sides sunk in!

Empty watering cans are good places to hide and play! That's Diddlydo in the can and Baby Kitty behind it.





The sidewalk seems a cool place to lay!



















I'm not going to apologize for not blogging much. I know you all are sick of hearing it! I thought about taking a blogging break for a couple of months or so, but then decided that I'll just blog when I can instead. I'll certainly try to get something posted every couple of weeks or so, or maybe more often. We'll see. I do think of all my blogging friends quite often, so know that I certainly have not forgotten you even if I haven't been around to comment much lately.

14 Comments:

Blogger Cheyenne said...

It's always sad to hear that a car claimed another victim. We have such a busy road out front and we lost a lot of cats over the years. And every time it happens, I cry.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I am sorry you lost your pet cat. Interesting how the word got out that there was a vacancy at your place and the blank kitten showed up.

I have been less than consistent in my blogging this summer. It seems my trip to Belgium broke my habit of blogging. There are other distractions too.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think taking square dancing lessons would be so much fun. Do-Si-Do sounds like a good name for a cat! Sorry about the one you lost. We did not get one drop of that rain here yesterday. My grass is all dead along with lots of other things. The girls and I went to Liberty to Amish Country and the creeks were up and across the road in some places. I could not believe my eyes. Have a good week.

12:10 PM  
Blogger possum said...

So sorry about Billy... sounds like he was a serious Alpha cat. But look how long it took for his replacement to show up! Nature abhors a vacuum, right?
Your sidewalk looks like you run a cat house! LOL!!!! (kinda like mine!)

8:23 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sorry to read about Billy...I must say he sounds like a Terror....
That new little guy is soooo Cute and such a Cute Name, too.....Diddilydo...lol!

You are such a loving wonderful person Rachel!

Enjoy those Classes---it sounds like great fun!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Sorry to hear about Billy. Diddlydo and Baby look like they could be twins! We have 4 in the house and no empty box or paper grocery bag on the floor remains unoccupied for very long - one of them crouches inside and waits. Any one - cat or human - who walks by gets batted at and the fight is on!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel, I am sorry to have to hear about Billy. I do suppose he tried to jump a car and lost.

Diddlydo and Baby Kitty look like they could be sibblings. Be careful or you might get them mixed up. If they were pigs you could notch an ear on one of these guys.

I found a blog last night that only updates monthly around the first of the month. People know when to go check on her.
http://tanlucypez.blogspot.com/
I could do that easily with my Ask Dr. Jim (blog)

Good for you on taking the square dance lessons. [:) There aren't even a hundred different calls. ONce you get them all down in automatic obey it is all just exercise.
..

6:14 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Rachel ~ Actually I never say that I am sorry for not blogging much and I am sorry for that! te he! ~ jb///

9:48 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

I'm sorry to hear about Billy, but the new kitty sounds like a sweetie pie.

I know what you mean about blogging...there are days when you have time for it and days where you don't think you'll ever blog again. I like the way you approach it...blog when you can. I do that and so far it's been working for me.

Have a great weekend, Rachel! Have fun do-si-do-ing!! :)

3:36 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for coming by, dear Rachel. Sweetie is having his ups and downs and so am I....I am worn out and have no energy for anything, including blogging. My day revolves around dear dear Sweetie---his poops, his food, waiting for the person who comes to give him his MEDS and NEVER knowing when she is going to come---it is hard, on me and on Sweetie, too, though I think he is handling all better than I am. This is my life now, and I am struggling with my own Health Issues, too. Don't mean to Complain---just Explain.

Hope all is good with you and all your little ones and your dear husband too...!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

I love my tough bully cats and roosters. They have lots of personality and you are going to miss Billy but it looks like you still have a pretty good cat lineup.

If all goes according to plan I'll be sending you a package this week. Will let you know when it's in the mail.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Your yard is looking like mine was for a while with all those cats! lol I only have one stray now that I feed, the rest of his family were all caught and brought to the shelter. Hopefully they were all adopted! The mother had 3 litters and he was from the second litter so he's over 2 years old now. We never see him during the day, only at night does he come to eat. I'm so sorry to hear that one of your kitties got killed but how lucky that Diddlydo found you:-) The picture of him in the watering can with Baby Kitty beside him is too precious for words.

That's my motto now, not apologize when I can't blog much! lol I blog when I can and I visit when I can so that's the best I can do:-)

Hope your week is going well. I've just come back from taking pictures of some of the Fall colours that has started around here. Take care my friend. xoxo

2:47 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Yep we all need more cats. Not. Well at least not me. Marilyn's kennel cat is a good hired hand tho. He catches mice in the kennel and leaves the heads for her to count the dead.
That's a lot of rain you had. Hope all is well.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Sorry you lost such a unique cat. Sounds like he kept you entertained. What beautiful cat you have. I haven't square danced in years. Wonder if I could remember how.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter