Sunday, October 31, 2010

How I Spent Halloween

Today I went to a family reunion. This is just me, my brothers and their families, my neices and nephews and their families. Everyone was there and it was so great seeing them all. The kids seem to shoot up a lot in a year's time. It has been a year since I've seen some of them. I wish we had gotten the kids all together for a group photo but that's real hard. We had the reunion at my nephew's house. His parents live right across the field, so some of the kids went to the barn where they have a nice fort that their Papaw built for them; some went to a tree house that Papaw built for them; others headed for the creek; and some of the younger ones were busy digging in the huge sandbox.

Today was my neice's 34th birthday and my nephew's wife (who makes wonderful cakes and decorates them so beautifully) made this replica of a Louis Vuitton purse and a shoe sitting on a shoebox. The details were amazing!! I had never heard of this man, but looked at some of the purses online and they are extremely extremely expensive. So instead of getting the real things, she got cake that looked like that! Here is a photo of her holding the two cakes. If you click any photos they should enlarge. Judi also made another cake for all of us to eat and it was amazing too. For some reason Blogger will not let me upload any more photos, so I'll show it to you another time. Jennifer does look happy with her cakes, doesn't she? She is such a sweet person!















Me and my sweet great-neice Abby. This is Jennifer's daughter.








Here she is in her cute outfit today! Note those orange shoes!! She was drinking water and you can see the bottle by her feet. She had to lay it down while getting her photo taken!!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween and got treats instead of tricks!!! I sure did enjoy my day!!!


9 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Loved seeing photos of you and your family. So happy you had such a fun reunion!

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a good time and those cakes are just amazing! Abby is a real, little doll and I love the shoes! Have a good week.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hi Rachel. I just read these last two posts. Neat cakes and families. I'm glad y'all got together.
I'm also glad that the hubby is doing better. He's lucky to have you.

4:21 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Those Cakes are AMAZING! It would be difficult to vut into either one of them, they are so Beautifulkly rendered!
It looks like you all had a terrific time for Halloween...Having a Family Reunion is such a great way to Celebrate Halloween ad your dear nieces Birthday, too....!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Thank you, Rachel, for showing us these family pictures. I can't remember that last time you posted about family. I always thought you didn't have any. :)
Those cakes are something I could not have imagined. YOu had better let Judi be your teacher the next time you learn more cake making.

Your great nice is a cute little gal. I hope she gets to visit with Aunt Rachel quite often.
..
..

8:36 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Who would have ever thought of decorating cakes that way? How very spectacular. By the way Rachel, I seem to remember you being quite the cake decorator yourself. How is that going?

2:51 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Rachel, those cakes are amazing... I'm glad you had fun with your family... Reunions can be so much fun.

3:42 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Rachel,

Just doing some catch-up. Looks like you had a real fun day on Halloween!. That little girl is sooo cute and those cakes are awesome!!

You look good too, Rachel!

I also read your post below this one. So glad your husband is doing better. Rachel, I so admire you for all you do!!


Hugs))

Junie

9:59 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Love your photo Rachel, with your beautiful great-neice Abby. She looks adorable!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter