Saturday, April 02, 2011

Go UK Wildcats!!!

The UK Wildcats are in the NCAA Final Four and will be playing in Houston tonight. I sure hope they win. I have to say that I am not what you would call a "huge" fan. I don't watch the games because they make me too nervous. I can't stand all the nail biting and the closeness of some of the games. So I will watch a bit to see who is ahead and then listen later to find out who won. I do hope they win and I support them, but I'm not a die-hard fan like so many are. Lots of people claim to have blue blood running through their veins around here!! So that will explain the church sign which felt the need to speak of the Cats and show their support as well. This afternoon I went to a birthday party for a dear friend of mine. Here she is, the 90 year old birthday lady, "Netha." She is such a sweet dear lady who always looks so beautiful. She is a jewel. Here is our Pastor and his wife. He must have forgotten to wear his UK Wildcat shirt!! Ha! Here's a bunch of the females that all had on their blue!




I leave you with a tulip that is blooming now. Such a pretty sight at this time of the year. Try as I might, this would not allow me to break up my paragraphs to go along with the photos. I tried it in Html and the Compose areas, with no luck either way. Sorry about that.

6 Comments:

Blogger Miki said...

Rachel, Loved loved loved your photos..getting warmer her on the Island! Hoping that my Hyacynth peeks through the ground soon. I see the stems comming thru, hoping for blooms again this year!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

It is obvious what your pastor is praying for:) Love all the photos and wish I had some tulips blooming. I guess I would have to plant some first...right? LOL

2:50 AM  
Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Did they win? I don't know much about basketball and don't follow it but know the excitement that goes along with it as we follow the New England Patriots football. (They lost.)

The tulip is just gorgeous! I suppose under our foot of snow there must be some things trying to come up but it's going to be awhile. :o( We sure got hit with the snow on April Fool's Day! That was a BIG surprise!! The sun is out so the snow is dropping so maybe in a few weeks we will have some grass showing through.

I keep thinking about my veggie garden and planning what I want to put in it this year. Last year was rough as it was rather hot on the south side of my house where my garden is. I must water even more then I did last year I guess. I just love it when I can walk out back and pick a cucumber or tomato and stand there and eat it. My grands love it too and also the horses. They LOVE cucumbers especially when they get big and seedy!

I hope you are having a lovely weekend!!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, Well by now we both know the Cats lost the game! I guess there is always next year. That lady sure does not look 90 years old to me. Love the tulip and the sign. Have a good week. So glad it is nice today in Ky. I have been planting seeds in pots this afternoon.

3:42 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well...it was still very readable and one could follow each picture and the writing that went with it...!

BEAUTIFUL Tulip Flower....And that Church sign was terrific. I see your pastors wife is a "fan"...lol!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...


Thanks for sharing it. It’s really nice. I think that we will get great information from your blog in future about it. Marine Transportation.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter