Sunday, December 12, 2010

If We Make it Through December


"If we make it through December
Everythings gonna be all right I know
It's the coldest time of winter
And I shivver when I see the fallin snow"


I thought of the lyrics to this song today as I was watching the snow falling. It does make me shivver some too, especially out sweeping off the front porch with the snow blowing back at me with each sweep. I gave that up as a hopeless effort. What I really dread more is the cold wind and colder weather that is behind this snow. Not looking forward to that. December is not usually our coldest time of winter but those lyrics seemed appropriate for today.
Is everyone ready for Christmas? It'll be here before we know it. I think I'm about as ready as I'll ever be, other than mailing out my Christmas cards.
Not much going on around here but the usual things. I hope all my blogger friends are doing well and keeping warm!

SUNDAY SIGN





9 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...I Like That Sunday Sign! So good to see a post my dear Rachel....I'll be posting a NEW one some time late tonight....
I am SOOOO not ready for Christmas---And, I don't think I will be...Just so you know--I am not doing a Calendar this year. I just haven't felt well enough to tackle it, and with Sweetie's on-going Health Issues..Well, it is all too much, I'm afraid. I hope you understand, my dear. It's not because I don't want to...I just don't seem to be able to do it. Life sometimes gets in the way of everything, doesn't it?
It sounds Sooo COLD there...I don't think I could take that any more. You are a brave lady going out on the porch to sweep the Snow off...It does sound rather fruitless...lol!
Sending BIG HUGS to you, my dear....

9:17 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

I love that sign...it says it all.

I did some decorating today and switched my bathroom from an autumn theme to my snowman theme. I have a few cards to get out and some ornaments to put on my wall tree. Also have to wrap some gifts.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Hahaha ! this sign is funny !
We also had snow beginning December which is quiet unusual for Belgium, maybe we will get back to the future ?

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that sign and how true it is! What I don't love is this snow, wind and cold. I sure hope this is not a preview of what is in store for us in the next couple of months. I am not ready for Christmas. I spend so much time baking and cooking that I don't get anything else done. I hope you have a great week.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Another great Sunday Sign Rachel. Glad you are surviving the snow and ice. So far we just have the cold but know our day will come. Wishing you a grand and glorious Christmas and New Year.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

We are always disappointed if we do not have a white Christmas. Where I live now we are almost always assured of having snow for
christmas but where I grew up, in southern Ontario, it was always in doubt. Of course quite often our Chrismas presents would be skates, skis, tobaggans, sleighs, tuques and mitts etc. Winter stuff is so much nicer to get when you can take it out Christmas day and use it.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Tipper said...

I love that song-well I don't think there is a Merle song I don't like : )

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!

4:41 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Rachel ~ I love the quote AND the sign. I hope you've got all your shopping done? ~ jb///

3:59 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I plan on being ready for Christmas sometime this month. I actually wrote a letter so I'll try to print and get one off to you R. Later c

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter