Sunday, February 20, 2011

Is It Spring Yet?? Feels Like It Here! Yeehaw!

Yes, I'm still here in blogland. Just slow reporting in!

Our weather has moderated and turned from the snow and cold to some very mild temps. No complaints here.

It'd be nice if I could tell you of all the exciting things I've been doing, but I'd be telling a lie. Things around here are pretty much the same from day to day. My husband is doing about the same. It's hard getting him to eat and it takes forever to feed him if there is any meat in the meal. He just takes forever to chew. Soups are much easier. I can put things in the food processor and blend them up so there is really not much chewing involved. I do that sometimes. Sometimes it works well and other times it doesn't. If it's meat he will still chew on it and not swallow it. Then it ends up like a cud and he wants to spit it out. He wanted shrimp a couple of weeks ago. It took him 45 minutes to eat 4 butterflied shrimp. I told him I could take a nap and watch a movie while he was chewing on a bite! I was trying to encourage him to chew and told him that eating would make his brain sharper. He told me that his brain didn't need to be any sharper!! He still has his sense of humor!

This week Sandy, her brother Ron, and her husband Jimmy, rode down on their motorcycles. I met them at the Golden Corral for lunch. It was so nice to see them! They sure did brighten up my otherwise boring day. They are such nice people!

This red headed woodpecker was way up on the top of a dead tree which is at the edge of our yard. I know the picture isn't that great, but pretty good considering the distance I was from him.









These daffodils are coming up and that sure does make me think spring has just about sprung. When I see the daffodils coming up it always makes me feel more springy!







SUNDAY SIGN

10 Comments:

Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

Oh, Rachel! It is always good to hear from you!
Does it help your hubby if the meat is finely ground? You could even cook ground beef then run it thru a food processor to make it even smoother. A beefy vegetable soup could then be made with it. I am sure you have thought of everything tho.
Well, it WAS feeling like spring here, until today when we got 8 plus inches of snow and now comes the freezing rain! Our day will come, tho!!!
In His grace,
Cindy

7:41 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

There you are! Been missing you. We are out from under our two feet of snow and it is utterly amazing how quickly it vanished once the sun came out. We went for a drive the other day and rejoiced to see green starting to show in the fields. Glad to know your hubby still has his sense of humor. That's the most important thing.

3:16 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Good to read your post Rachel, dear...I cannot believe that Spring is almost here---February 21st...WOW! I'm glad for you, my dear...LOVE that picture of the Woodpecker....And the about-to-burst Daffodils....Such a pretty flower.

Thank you Sooo very much for the very sweet card, Rachel...I appreciate it more than I can say and I thank you with all my heart.

10:35 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Glad to see you back...
It is 63 here today... so wonderful. I know you are as tired of winter as we are, but thie folks up north are getting it again.
soon............

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like our Kentucky weather to be so nice when you wrote this and has rained all day today plus getting colder tonight! I love to watch red-headed woodpeckers. There is one in my yard that just fascinates me sometimes. Hopefully, spring is on its way. We worked in the yard all day last Friday and I loved it.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel ~~ I am glad you posted some status reporting here. It seems like we have had a tougher than usual winter but then too it seemed to go through its time very rapidly.

I like your church sign, very good as usual. It was nice too to be able to eat with Sandy's.

We are visiting Karen's for a bit. Our little KP really is growing. She is a toddler now and is starting to talk with us. I have a couple of pictures of her on my blog tonight.

Part of our stay is 'sitting' with her as Karen, Billy, and BP went to Switzerland for skiing. They came back tonight (Tuesday) after being gone since early in the morning last Friday.
We do plan to meet with a couple who live north of London. We met them last summer on our Baltic cruise.
All for now, take care,
..

2:19 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Hello Rachel. I rec'd theTravelog journal and plan to fill it out tonight. Just need to know if I am supposed to send it back to you or on to someone else.
Sorry about your hubby and the meat issue. Maybe just the broth will give some nutrition.
I have a few pupple crocus blooming and some of my daffy's have flower buds too. We got snow and hail today but the sun is out now although the wind is cold. We are supposed to be getting around 8" in the next few days.
Let me know about the travelog journal. You have my e-mail.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Good to hear news from yer neck of the woods. Glad to hear also that the humor is still there for hubby.
I hope spring gets to these parts soon also. later R

8:18 PM  
Blogger EV said...

The daffodils can't help you but get excited about Spring. Our snow and mostly ice is long gone, too. I'm glad for your husband's humor - it's such a blessing. Good to hear from you, Rachel !

8:53 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

I just now read the post about how your husband is doing. I just ask you that question in another comment. It's good to hear from you. Take care!!!! Clara

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter