Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Mid Week Ramblings

We survived the storms okay, thankfully! There was damage all around the state but no one was killed in KY. In our county there was a couple of barns blown down, trees down, and electrical outages, but that was about all, and that was enough! I was standing in the doorway watching it when that line of hard wind and rain came sweeping through. If I had seen any signs of trees breaking or anything happening I was ready to get under the sofa. Our sofa is only about an inch off the floor, so that would have been quite a feat for me let me tell you!! 

I saw this sign at the local Farm Mart!













I ran across this photo (don't know who they are) and it's the first time I've ever seen two saddles on one horse!

Today is nice and sunny but a  bit windy. My lawn needs mowing and I guess I'll do it tomorrow when it will be a bit less windy. Today is warmer and the windows are open letting a nice breeze flow through the house.


This is  the South Fork of the KY River in Owsley County, the county I was born in.





I just love this photo!


Hope all my blogging friends are having a wonderful week.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Thank you Rachel. I'm having a wonderful week but supposed I shouldn't as doing income tax is on my list for this week.

I am glad you are safe from the storms. Did you know that most of your storms pass through here first. But of course they are not as vicious yet when they are here.
..
BTW, the third eaglet was born this evening. I have a YouTube link on my blog. At the bottom of the Katrin in her new bed.
..

10:43 PM  
Blogger Tipper said...

Glad you made it through the storms they were bad here too : )

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous photo. Kentucky sure is pretty!
We had the strong, windy storm that made its way to you. It increased when it got to where you were, but we had lots of damaging winds too. A tree in our yard blew over and came close to crashing in our bedroom window. That would have scared the pee out of me!! I hope your storms have ended, because it would be awful trying to crawl underneath a couch that's only one inch off the floor!
I've never seen a double-saddled horse before either.
It's supposed to be in the mid 80's here tomorrow, and I hope it will be sunny and warm for you too.
Spring has sprung - Enjoy!!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed looking at your pictures and love the one of the South Fork. I never ever saw 2 saddles on a horse either. lol. Those winds were bad here the other day. I found a flashlight in my yard the next day. Surely, the wind did not blow it there but it sure was strong. I need to mow my yard for a second time already! I thought about you when I heard things were bad in Somerset during that storm. Have a good weekend.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Thank goodness you got through those storms in one piece! It's terrifying when the winds whip up like that and even more so when they turn into tornadoes!!

That's quite something, two saddles on one horse! lol Love that sign as well.

Can't believe you're already mowing the lawn, over here we're still waiting for the rest of the snow to melt. It's almost all gone now but still have a few patches here and there and where the snowbanks were. We don't usually have to mow our lawns until mid May or so.

Hope you're having a great weekend:-) xoxo

3:45 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

It;s bad enough horseshave to put up with one saddle, but two?

I like that photo too, it has a very calming effect.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Rachel, I need a photo of you crawling under the couch.
The two saddle pic was funny to me just because I'm guessing that back saddle wasn't cinched or there would have been quite a rodeo.

6:50 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I had to lsaugh when you talked about crawling under the couch....! A pretty good trick, from what you say...lol!

Glad there wasn't too much damage around you or around ther state, too.....These kinds of Natural Disasters have a way of doing what they want, don't they?

HUGS to you, my dear....And I love that picture of the two people and the two saddles...How ever did that poor horse manage that?

8:47 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Rachel dear...I hope this latest storm did not hit you and yours...It sounds like it was very very bad. Do let us know, if you can, my dear.
Sending (((((((HUGS)))))))

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Construction Cleaning Elmhurst said...

Hi ggreat reading your post

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter