Tuesday, January 03, 2006

But, but, butt.......

It hasn't been that many years ago when it was considered bad taste to reveal your butt crack.
Showing butt crack was for plumbers and people that wore their pants too low for various reasons.











Now it seems that showing it is like showing cleavage for some people. I recently saw a young woman who was sitting down and when she leaned over you could see her name tattooed over her butt crack and she also exposed about 2 inches of it for everyone to see. Now they wear those short tops so that a little bit of the middle region shows, so when they bend over there is nothing to fall over it and hide it. Sometimes they bend over and they may expose one of those throngy things. They even wear those at the beach! They look uncomfortable but I have never tried one. I think a thing like that could take some getting used to. It makes the word "wedgie" take on new meaning.

One time I was at a horse show and the inside of the ring had grass where they had the organ under a shelter, all the trophies and ribbons were there, the announcer, the judge, etc. All the bleachers were on one side of the ring. When something happened to a rider and they had to make an adjustment to their saddle or one of the horses got a loose shoe they stopped on the grass and the blacksmith would come out and repair it. This one guy stopped his horse there and got off and he had his back to the crowd. After he checked the horse's foot and was waiting for the blacksmith he squatted down on the grass and he was showing about 3 inches of his butt to the whole crowd!! Everyone started laughing and it was so funny. He finally turned his head around to see what everyone was laughing at. Then this girl beside us yelled out, "Hey, you're mooning us!" He got up in a little bit and led his horse off. I don't know if he ever understood that he was the reason we were all laughing or not. I'm sure that someone probably told him later on!! I would have been so embarrassed!! I would probably have went straight to the horse trailer, loaded my horse, and headed home!!

I think now the posterior has recently become the focal point of fashion and pop culture. The butt crack is the new cleavage, peeking out for all to see. Personally I will just keep mine hidden and I'm sure the world will thank me for that!

20 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

Funny post. But seriously, I hate the new "butt crack" rage. HATE IT. So nasty.

As for thongs, they are nasty too. It's too easy for me to think of how that string is pickin' up ... stuff...bein' next to the poop hole and all.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks TLP! I needed that laugh! It could make for some yucky laundry indeed!! LOL

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Rachel! What a great post. Some butts are worth seein', but plenty are NOT! Just makes you wonder how much further people will be willing to push the "reveal some skin" envelope.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

I am with you! I too will keep my glutious maximus hidden for the world. Nobody and I mean NOBODY, should have to look at mine. I too am uncomfortable at the crack thing. I won't allow my kids to walk around like that , I think it is so disrespectful to everyone around you. PLEASE, EVERYONE, SAY NO TO CRACK!"

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A butt related story:
http://beerbrains.mu.nu/archives/147151.php

2:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

This is a great post. Chicks showing off their butt cracks...don't they feel a breeze?...just drives me crazy. I have thought the same thing, they don't care, and it's just become butt cleavage. I am glad I am not the only one who hates this. Yes, a butt crack plus a thong is even worse, worse yet...butt crack, thong, and a tattoo.

I also hate the guy's underwear showing fad. I thought it would start going away, instead it's just getting lower and lower.

3:54 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

I accidently had a butt crack going on the other day good thing I was just at home and my husband was kind enough to point it out to me.
surfed here through old old ladies blog and just wanted to say hello !

4:24 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Crack Kills!!!
I've seen MORE than enough cracks. I don't care to see any more. I don't get the LOW LOW Rise pants thing. They look terrible on every body...even really skinny bodies.
I'll keep my crack covered too!

4:25 PM  
Blogger StringMan said...

Hey Rachel, where did you find that picture of me at the top? (hehe). I agree with Yoderman about the only acceptable butt crack.

7:25 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Very Funny Rachel...
I'm with you...My Butt crack will never see the light of Public Display!!! (Maybe if I happened to be in better shape....NAHHHHH. I don't think so! (lol)

I'm really amazed at how all Body Parts..(well not all..but, quite a few more than I remember exposing ever...) like Belly Buttons, Stomachs...Butt Cracks are now in Fashion....Go figure!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

You have it right.

A small tattoo makes it all better. Above or below the belt. Or both. Front and back.
.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Ontario Wanderer said...

What I don't understand is why the pants stay up at all. It's like the huge baggy pants that some of the teens are wearing. I just cannot figure out how they defy gravity.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

This all goes back to my "no mirror at home" theory.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a couple of young girls walking toward me this past summer. Their jeans were way beyond 'lowrise' and I had to do a double-take at what I thought was pubic hair poking out of the top of the waist. Yep. Apparently pants are entirely so 'last year'.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

I agree that a "good" body is worth showing off (discretely however) but what they are doing today is outrageous. I especially hate it when it's an overweight male. Ugly, ugly, ugly!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmn, I'm not to partial to seeing the kind of cleavage--not that I really appreciate seeing the other cleavage, either. But what can you do? Have a great evening!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Not a butt crack fan either. I blame it on community colleges encouraging girls to become plumbers but there may be other reasons..

7:42 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

LOL- funny post, but I'm in accord with you. Even my teen daughters do not show butt cleavage even though they can wear those low rise pants without looking like a hookers. (We may wear the same sizes but they are even slimmer than me in that area, having had no children, plus it's not a style for a mom my age to wear!)

I do not like the low rise jeans. It seems to point the attention at the crotch. My girls used to fold their underwear down so the waistband wouldn't show if they rasied their arm to answer a question in school, because they dont' like to wear thongs (thank goodness). You see, they also don't like to wear skimpy tops.

I nearly had a heart attack a few years ago at the skimpy bathing suits. NO NORMAL ONES WERE AROUND!!! It covered LESs Than their bra and panties! They stayed wrapped in a towel until they were too hot and had to jump in the pool!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plumbers crack = Universal Phenomene

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pertax nclb officers spaces thematic adverts minitracks domestically kjhnus unsalable conveying
lolikneri havaqatsu

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter