Friday, December 30, 2005

Ramblings


Here is a picture I took of myself. Not a great picture but you can see me partly!


We haven't had any snow here so I thought I'd take a picture that hangs on our wall which is a snowy one. This is a Fred Thrasher painting. He is very well known here since he lives here and his painting are very popular. It kind of reminds me of the old days with the swinging bridge across the creek and the house down the lane. I've crossed a few swinging bridges in my time!

This picture I took of the lake recently at a dock that is about 2 miles from here. Two men had been out fishing and had just come in to the dock. It was pretty nippy for fishing that day. But I see some people out here fishing on really nasty days. I'm thinking then that they aren't too smart or they surely do love to fish!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I like that picture of you in the mirror. It turned out great. I like interesting pics like that.

I hope your New Year's weekend is a good one.
May 2006 bring you many blessings.

10:55 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love that picture Rachel..it has a wonderfully mysterious quality....andd we can just get an 'impression' of you in the background...I'd love to see it Blown Up BIG!!! (Can I do thatif I click on it....?)

And that painting is very evocative, too..Snowy days in the country...

Fishing this late in the season??? Brave fella's!

I want to wish you a VERY VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR, DEAR RACHEL...May 2006 bring all good things to you and yours...!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

I enjoyed these photos you took. Thrasher does nice work.
HAPPY NEW YEAR WISHES TO YOU, RACHEL!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

The pictures are great. I'm glad someone pointed out that was you in the mirror. I thought you were the angel on the counter, tee,hee.
You are very pretty by the way.
Hope you have a very Happy New Years and that 2006 turns out to be your best year ever..

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel- I guess as they say, any day fishing is better than a day in the office! I like your other pictures!

I hope you have a very very Happy New Year!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel

I like your picture, but better still the one of you in it. It really helps me to know who you are!

Thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

12:14 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Love your photo. Very creative.

Thank you for your nice comment and greetings on my place. I'm so glad I found you, too!

Wishing you and family a Very Happy New Year filled with Love, Joy, Health and Peace.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May 2006 bring good health, peace, prosperity and good fortune to you and yours!!

If you want some snow, perhaps I could arrange to send you some...we had about 24" a few weeks before Christmas, some of which is left, then got another 3-4" overnight and just heard we are probably going to be hit with a nor'easter tomorrow night with a foot or more at least!! I would be more than happy to share!!

Happy New Year!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

On the fishermen Rachel, it may be a combination of both.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter