Tuesday, December 27, 2005

When body parts die....

An old man in the nursing home was in his room crying one night. The aide went in to see what was wrong with him. He sobbed and told her that part of him was dead. She said, “What do you mean part of you is dead?”

He said, “My penis is dead.” Then he continued to cry. She said, “Oh, your penis can’t be dead if the rest of you isn’t dead.“ He insisted though that his penis was in fact dead. She patted him on the back trying to comfort him and told him that everything would be okay tomorrow. She left the room but he was still crying.

The next day when she got to work there came the old man down the hall pushing his walker and he had all his private parts hanging out of his pajamas for everyone to see. She rushed up to him and said, “You told me last night that your penis was dead!”

He said, “It is. Yesterday was the mourning. Today is the viewing.”

8 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel.
I'm not sure why nursing home jokes are funny but I suppose we might find out if we're not lucky.
The four of us brothers have always talked that the youngest nurses won't be allowed to go into the "Morrow Wing" of the home, all by themselves. It'll be two at a time for protection.
I guess it's our wives that say that.

2:39 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

LOL. FUNNY. I love it.

3:25 PM  
Blogger EV said...

Rachel, some things are "private".

5:12 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
That is funny. Problem is it is also one the things I will most likely remember when I go to live at a nursing home - and just for grins, will most likely do.
Ralph

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I killed a lot of brain cells in my first 40 years. I would know if one of my body parts died, wouldn't I? I'm sorry. What was I saying?

6:44 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I think that was probably enough time for viewing. Now its time to bury.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Suzy-Q said...

I should not be blogging this late! I am laughing too hard to sleep now!

Thanks for the funny post. ;o)

9:12 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Oh, dear Rachel,
This was just the type of wholesome but hilarous joke I needed this early in the morning! Love it. (I will share it with my husband later today.)

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter