Monday, December 26, 2005

My Christmas

I sure hope everyone had a great Christmas. My day was pretty much like any other Sunday. I went to church. Then my nephew and his wife had invited me to their house but they ended up going out of town and decided to stay longer, so they weren't at home.

So it was just me and my husband. No visitors. No special meal. My husband doesn't eat much anymore so I didn't see the point in cooking a lot of stuff for just us two. I guess I was a little down in the dumps. I asked him that evening if he had had a good Christmas. He said he had. I asked him what was the best part of it. He said, "Being alive." After he said that I perked up some. Usually I'm always the perky one and I very seldom get depressed. So then I told him that was a very good answer to my question and I was proud of him for being so upbeat!! He just grinned! Usually I am the encourager, so it was nice to be encouraged by him.

Christmas day was rainy and I did get to watch 3 squirrels playing in the trees outside my window here. I wondered what it would be like to be able to run in the trees like they do and jump from one tree to the next. They were having a good time running and jumping and I did enjoy watching their antics!

Tomorrow hubby's #2 son and his wife are coming down to spend the night! She is pregnant and I know that sometimes pregnant people have cravings. I wonder if I should make sure I have pickles and ice cream?? I have plenty of pickles but no ice cream. Oh well, there are stores only a few miles and Speedway is open all night, so we'll manage if she gets a weird craving!

So we are looking forward to their visit! They are such wonderful fun people! Both in their 30's, first marriage for both of them, both Christians, and both had been waiting and searching for just the right person, and at last they found each other!! We are just so happy for them!

4 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds like a quiet Christmas Rachel...Mine was quiet, too. I was wondering if it's not too personal what is wrong with your husband...You may have mentioned it at some time but I missed it..or, maybe you haven't and would rather not talk about it...I know that must be hard for both of you, whatever it is...I get the feeling that whatever it is will not be getting better...I'm sorry to pry, it's just that I am really intereseted....

Love you talking about the squirrels...I love to watch them in the trees, too...How they scurry about so easily...it looks like fun to me...It probably isn't to them...rummaging for food and stuff, but...I very much enjoy watching all creatures like squirrels...nature....The awesomeness of nature....Lovely, isn't it?

Hope you enjoy your family's visit tomorrow....

10:34 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

A nice calm Christmas day does sound appealing. Our church service was a nice way to keep things in perspective. We ate way too much. Just this morning I'm starting to feel back to normal.
One more thing Rachel, should you decide to try running in the trees and imitating squirrels, I'd call the squad first. You know, get them started toward your place.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

Rachel, you are entitled to have an off day, I know. I seem to remember you telling me that. Remember? Anyway, I am gald that your husband was able to cheer you up! You will have fun with your family when they come. It will be a joyous Christmas, a few days late! Just look at it that way! Don't worry about the cravings of a pregnant woman, they will make due with whatever you have in the house, I am sure that they are just happy to come and feel welcomed by you. They will enjoy their visit, and enhance your season!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Our holiday was just the four of us at home, too, but I remember when times were different and try not to focus on that.

It sounds like you're the caretaker for your husband and that he is ill with something serious. I recall a recent post where you got out with some other women, and I hope that can happen regularly.

I also am not prying so no answer is needed.

Our thoughts here are with you, because it is very hard (to say the least) on the spouse who is well. I hope 2006 brings more treasured times to you both. I bet your love shines in his eyes still.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter