Thursday, May 10, 2007

Flowers

Here are two pictures of my hanging fushia plant! Fushia's are so pretty and have such lovely colorful blooms.


Next is this hanging basket and I have two of these. Not sure what it is but it looks like little miniature petunia's.



This is salvia which is coming up in the flower garden. I like any plants that will come back up year after year! That makes it so much easier. I need to do a lot of work in my flower garden as you can tell by the weeds that live in there too. Ah well....one thing at a time. I don't stress over some weeds. I just try to look at all the flowering things and sort of "look over" the weeds and not let them get too big! I put down that liner that is supposed to keep weeds out but apparently it wasn't that tough because the weeds just grow right on through it over time. I think I need to replace it with some thicker kind and then add some more mulch. Always something to do around the house though. Always! It's Thursday night and I do hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and weekend. This Sunday will be Mother's Day so I know that some folks will have lots of activities planned. Enjoy!!

13 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love that thin tall purple one...So very pretty and delicate...And of course the Basket of Fuchia...Isn't it fabulous---the colors that nature puts together...? Lovely lovely flowers my dear Rachel...

And thanks for your always very wonderful comments....You are so supportive....It always makes me feel really really good!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Rachel, thanks for the photos of your Fushia baskets they are lovely.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Nice photos Rachael. I too try and overlook some of the weeds. It is amazing to me how they grow when nothing else will. Hope you have a good weekend as well.
Ralph

5:58 AM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

My garden is mostly weeds these day, but I love the perennials that do show up! Your flowers are beautiful!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I SO love Fushias...I remember the first time I saw them in a basket, I just had to have it! They are so very beautiful!! Don't you wish our flowers would grow as fast and well as weeds do? lol xox

1:07 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

I love perenials! Bee Balm, or Monarda, is one of my favorites. It's in the mint family, but smells very sweet. Grows nice and tall and attracts...well...bees!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

These are all just lovely:-). I keep trying to remind myself not to buy any right now until I get my yard work done. I have seen so many pretty baskets and plants I would just love to have *giggles*.
Have a great weekend!

2:47 PM  
Blogger EV said...

You flowers are beautiful, Rachel. Thanx for sharing. You have a great weekend, too. ;)

4:32 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Nice flowers!

Have a great weekend.

Kendra

8:02 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

And a Happy Mothers Day to you, my dear Rachel...! Hope your weekend is a happy one...!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Rachel...I think I have some salva too. It's not blooming yet like yours but that is what I remember it looked like last year. It is up and green right now, but I haven't seen a blossom yet, but I guess I need to go out and check it tomorrow...I might be surprised.

I have always loved fushia's, but for some reason have never had one. I love them so much that I have given them as gifts so maybe I need to buy one for myself. I think the fushia flowers are so lovely.

I do like you and look at the blooming flowers and don't fret too much about the weeds. I do try to keep them shorter than the flowers though.hehehe

9:16 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

The yellow flower is what I call "Million Bells"
I love fuschia but they were so delicate and didn't last long on my hot patio last year...

5:02 PM  
Blogger tlawwife said...

I'm so jealous of the fushia. I try and try but they just don't like to grow for me. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter