Thursday, May 03, 2007

Ramblings

I can't believe that it's May already. Where did April get to? It's true, time does fly.

I finally got my lawn mowers back. I haven't tried starting the push mower yet since my neighbor has mowed my lawn for me again. As for the riding mower it seems they finally did fix the flat tire and it's staying up, so far anyhow! One thing I hate is having equipment that doesn't want to start or has problems. Drives me nuts! This is a picture of my nice neighbor who has mowed my lawn so many times. He won't take any money or gas, so usually I make him apple pies. His wife says he LOVES them!














This is Munchie taking on the lizard toy. It's actually the dog's toy but she likes to play with it too.






I took this picture while driving through the country last weekend. You can see some of the trees are browner. That is from the cold that nipped them big time. I think they'll come back eventually. I noticed the oak tree outside got nipped too, and all the leaves turned brown, but now it's beginning to get gree leaves on the ends, but still it has lots of brown dead leaves on it.
I haven't had much blogging time this week. I have been setting out some flowers and doing a few things around the yard. That, plus my usual routine, has kept me away from the computer a lot.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we don't plant flowers until after mothers day.
We cut our lawn today for the first time this year.
So glad to see green again.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Rachel, the woods here are still brown....with just a little green starting to show through. I'm getting worried they will never come back to life. I had to rake leaves out of my yard like it was fall. If I'm lucky, I may get a half dozen apples off of my 12 trees. I sure will miss them.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

You have very nice neighbors and for an apple pie, I'd come over and mow your lawn, hehehe.

Some of our trees are finally looking green and getting leaves, but unfortunately some big trees have died. I noticed a very large old evergreen tree that is dead as a door nail on my road and several bushes that should have already come out haven't. But I'm so thankful for the green again and like clara...in tn, I was getting worried.

Enjoy the beautiful days outside...we'll be waiting for you right here when you return.

6:04 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh I just love love LOVE, Munchie and that Lizard...(LOL)..Munchie knows what fun is!
How wonderful Rachel, that ou have such a generous neighbor...And I bet your Apple Pies are really Ymmy! It is really terrible that that cold nip destroyed all the New Growth...Do you think it is over now...I mean "the cold"?
Hope your husband is feeling okay, my dear...! And Welcome Back, my dear.

6:14 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

There's ALWAYS time for blogging!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

A man will do anything for apple pie! lol You're so very lucky to have such wonderful neighbours who are willing to help like that! Our trees are finally starting to get buds now so it won't be long before the leaves are out...but then the caterpillars will arrive and strip them bare again!! Can't win! lol Your kitty is sooo adorable, I really do miss having a cat around. xoxo

5:24 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Send your neighbor over. I could use him.
I too, will work for pie.
Our trees are just now starting to recover from their late freeze. We have one left to leaf out. It looks dead but it's an American Oak and they start late.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachael
You've got a nice neighbor.
That is a great photo of the country side.
Get those flowers planted.
Ralph

10:19 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel -- Can you get that Ky place fixed up by next week, please? I'd rather see green things.
I'll be at the Morehead State graduation ceromony Friday.
..

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE mowing lawns... since it's looking like I may be moving to Kentucky, I'll come mow your lawn on the days that he doesn't feel like it, okay?

9:59 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Well it is the time of year that we shake off winter and start getting out and about in the beautiful sunshine!
I'm ever so glad our landlord has a guy that mows regular!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

You know, Rachel, sheep make excellent mowers! And I just happen to have a couple spares... How's your fencing?

Who won the battle, kitty or reptile?

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter