Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Zip It Up!!



I received these lovely roses for Mother's Day from my stepdaughter. They are absolutely lovely and it was very sweet of her to send them. They smell so good and each one is so pretty!!! I was very delighted to get them! She sent 2 dozen with a lovely clear vase as well. I love all flowers but roses are just so beautiful, especially with the mixture of colors.

It has been really hot but it rained overnight and this morning and now it has cooled up and will be in the 70's tomorrow. That'll be much nicer. I managed to get out today to Lowe's and got some items I have been wanting; mulch, a bag of potting soil, and I got some more flowers. I would like to find some hens and chicks.

Seems they are kind of hard to find. They had them in those big pots at Lowe's but I wanted just some individual ones in a pot. Maybe I'll find some later on.

I also stopped at the Dollar Store. You know the one, not those dollor stores where every thing is a dollar, but "who says a dollar won't buy much anymore? Everyday is dollar day at the Dollar General Store!" That used to be their singing ad!

Anyhow, when I was there and getting ready to check out, the woman at the register was quite heavy and she had on the tight pants with the blouse not quite covering her middle, and her fly was wide open. I guess she must have had on a throng or bikini panties because there was no undies to be seen. I mean her pants were not just unzipped but standing wide open! I leaned over and quietly told her that her pants were unzipped. She turned around and sucked it all in and zipped them up. She said, "I hate these darn things. They won't ever stay zipped. Thank you for telling me." I left and I was thinking to myself that if I had a pair of pants that didn't want to stay zipped that I would make sure I had on a long top to cover that area!

17 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

Rachael
I don't think the issue was the zipper as much as being a size or two, or three, or four to small.
Hen and Chicks are great plants but even here they are getting harder and harder to get.
Your step daughter sounds like a keeper.
By the way, switched computers and lost your e-mail drop me a line sometime.
Ralph

5:46 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Bee-yew-tee-ful roses, Rachel! :-)

I'm with Ralph, I think it was too much in too small a space, not a bad zipper! Glad you didn't go blind, LOL! ;D

Have a great rest of the week!

Love and hugs,

Diane

7:13 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Your roses are lovely! How sweet of her to remember you this way.
Sounds like she needed eleastic waist pants. Forget the zipper!
:)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Some people are such exhibitionists!
The roses are absolutely beautiful.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the scary thing is, she had to take your word for it, that her pants were unzipped. She probably couldn't see the zipper.

10:17 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Did my comment get Eaten??? OY!'
Well, I said I love Roses too...and that there really is something very special about Roses....AND, that if I had a problem like that lady, with her Zipper....I would never wear zippers anymore--Just pants that have elastic at the waist!
Oh and I wish I could send you some hens and chicks in a pot!

12:19 AM  
Blogger EV said...

Bwahahahahahaha!! That was quite a vison at the checkout. .... here's another concept - Where clothes that fit! Geeeezzzz. :)

5:56 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Rachel, I guess it's a bit late for me to say wear bigger pants!!!!

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was very polite of you.

I have many hens and chicks in my garden. I thin k is so odd when they grow that biig stem and get those little flowers on the top.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I adore "hens and chicks"...I picked up individual plants at a local nursery...they have little baby chicks and will spread...I know Lowes has them in big pots but you can find them cheaper...keep a lookin'!
;)

12:34 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Rachel, she probably knew they were unzipped.....that's ONE way to get attention!!!! Poor Woman!!!!
I love hen and chickens.
Oh, I just about have another Prairie Star Afghan finished. It is colors of blue and purple. I like it better than the first one. I made it for my MIL in the nursing home.

1:24 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

What beautiful flowers. I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day? ~ jb///

1:32 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

The roses are soooo gorgeous...and I so love their colours! As for the hens & chicks, do you know that's a plant I've never seen around here...I'm wondering if we're not the right zone for them. I'll have to ask at the nursery next time I'm there. As for that lady, she needs to learn how to dress properly for the size she is! Sheesh!! xoxo

3:49 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I love all the different color roses...they're so pretty. Your step-daughter is so sweet to send you flowers.

My SIL used to have a barrel full of hens & chicks, but I haven't seen them at her house lately. I'll have to check for you.

I'm glad I wear shirts that would cover everything just in case something like that happened. I wear elastic waisted pants usually with no zippers, so I guess I'm safe.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

We don't have a Hen and Chicks but we have an old cranky rooster you can have.
Man I saw the flowers and thought "who died?" Glad it wasn't you or we wouldn't get to see them on your blog. Ta

7:48 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

We don't have a Hen and Chicks but we have an old cranky rooster you can have.
Man I saw the flowers and thought "who died?" Glad it wasn't you or we wouldn't get to see them on your blog. Ta

7:48 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

Maybe she was an exhibitionist and wanted you to see ;) I'm with Clara on this one.

Your stepdaughter is wonderful. Those are a beautiful bouqet.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter