Thursday, August 16, 2007

COOL CATS

Today's temp. got up to 107 according to the folks when you call the time and temp. number. I don't know if the National Weather Service would agree with that. I did see on TV that there was a new record set at London (KY, not England) today and it was 101. (London is about 30 miles from here). I do know it's been HOT! This is where Munchie spends some of the hot weather, laying beside our outbuilding in the cool dirt where it's shady.


Miss White Lilly likes to lay on top of our old grill. I guess the metal is cool and since it's on our porch she catches any breeze that might pass through.





I had heard this before but Sandy atAbandoned in Pasadena sent it to me again, so I thought I'd pass it along!
***********************
A man was riding his Harley along a California beach when suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The biker pulled over and said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride over anytime I want."
The Lord said, "Your request is materialistic, think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking; the supports required reaching the bottom of the Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that could possibly help mankind."

The biker thought about it for a long time. Finally, he said, "Lord, I wish that I and all men could understand women; I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, and how I can make a Woman truly happy."

The Lord replied, "You want that Bridge two lanes or four?"

18 Comments:

Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Men just don't get it but they can!!!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the cat on the BBQ. Mine love the basement when it gets hot. If I leave my folded laundry on the table down there, that's where we'll find them, curled up on my best jeans.

I hope the hot weather stays away from up here. We've had it pretty good for the past few days.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

My thermometer has been reading 104, so it is very possible that it was 107 where you live. Stay in and stay cool.

Love your kitties and they always know where to go to keep cool.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I had heard that one before too but I love it!! My cats are finally getting used to being outside the screened in part of the porch and each have their own little hidy place. Have a great weekend

11:04 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I wish ya'll some cooler weather and lot's of rain...My Mama in Russellville says it is horrible down that way!
My cat has never been outdoors...Hubby keeps it like a meat locker in this house and Clarence looks for "warm" spots...lately he's been climbing behind the tv entertainment center...lol!
I liked the joke!
:)

11:43 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Goodness, that's awfully warm! Cats just seem to stay very still when it's that hot. Come to think of it, Vincent isn't a real active cat most times of the year!
Hope you can stay cool, and I loved the joke!
:)

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel.......aren't the cats lovely. We have rain here (and we are off on hols tomorrow to Devon) a bit of sun would be rather nice at some point!!!! Although I don't think I would like it quite as hot as you have.
XXCathy

2:43 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Although my two cats are 'inside cats' and enjoy air conditioning, the 4 cats outside manage to find cool spots all over our property. Their favorite place is underneath the deck where the ground is cool.

9:11 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL....That is truly Hilarious, Rachel...!

I love the two spots your cats have chosen in the unbelieveable heat...Such dear pictures, my dear....! It's been very very hot here, but Sweetie doesn't go outsuide, so he is comfortable in the house where it is cool from the AC...Me too! (lol)

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great joke. Ha!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Was that biker wearing his helmet? Some people I know don't!

Your cats are smart. You stay cool too, ok?
..

1:00 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

It finally cooled down here to about 90. Yesterday morning it got down to the upper 60's. We loved it. It's to warm up again. Our dog loves to dig a bed in Marilyns flower beds to keep cool. The dog doesn't understand whom she is dealing with.
Was that a joke or a true story?

5:41 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

As for your award below. When putting it on the side bar.Don't worry about messing something up that you can't fix. I've spent my life doing just that.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I found the joke very funny and apppropriate for my life.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

...and that blasted humidity is about driving me crazy. I walked very little this past week. I think it's not a wise thing to walk too much when temps are above 95.

Funny joke!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Your Munchie looks like our Bubba! Bubba likes to sit inside the living room window and look outside. She makes weird noises when she sees another cat walk by......

Drink plenty of water in that heat.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

We're in the 60's today, just doesn't feel like August at all. My 4 lovely kitties stay inside when its hot, going out only after the sun goes down and they can stretch out in the cool grass and sleep the night away. We stay inside and use the A/C when it's blasting outside. I remember when I was very young in Arizona that the heat NEVER bothered me...guess I'm old now.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

FUNNY!
Are we women really THAT hard to figure out???

I guess so. :-)

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter