Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tall Person Dies....Plus my other Ramblings!

I was talking to my SIL in Shelbyville, IN today and she told me that the world's tallest woman, Sandy Allen, had died. You can go here to read the article. She was 7 foot 7 inches tall. She was in the same nursing home in Shelbyville as the world's oldest person who is 115. From the article it sounds like she made the best of things but being that tall would certainly not be easy.

If any of you did rain dances as I requested in my last post...well they didn't do any good. The grass crunches when I walk on it. I did a video of the correct rain dance but I can't figure out to post it for viewing, so I'll have to work on that. Then again, you might wonder if it's the correct dance since there's no rain yet. Must not be the correct one after all. The video is only of my feet dancing. Seeing all of me dancing brings on too many things jiggling. Not a pretty sight.

My dear BIL came over this morning and took the rotors off my car and took them to have them smoothed out. There was a bit of shaking in the steering well when I hit my brakes, but not anymore! He is a real trooper and I can always depend on him if I need help. He is a saint if there ever were one. He will have many stars in his crown.

Today is my husband's birthday. He is spending it snoozing for the most part but he had a rough day yesterday and last night. He got a birthday card from his daughter that has Elvis on the front. When you open it it says, "I'd be nothing but a hounddog if I didn't wish you a Happy Birthday." When my husband heard it he laughed and thought it was funny. He says he doesn't want a cake. I may get one or bake one this Saturday instead. His son and family are coming in to visit so we might celebrate it then. I'm sure he'll feel better by the weekend.

Here's a cute one for you;

An old lady was standing at the rail of the cruise ship holding her hat so that it wouldn't blow away in the wind.
A gentleman approached her and said,
"Pardon me, madam. I do not intend to be forward but did you know that your dress is blowing up in this wind?"
"Yes, I know," said the lady. "But I need my hands to hold onto my hat."
"But madam, he said, "you must know that you're derriere is exposed!"
The woman looked down,then back up at the man and said,
"Sir, anything you see down there is 85 years old, but I just bought this hat yesterday!"


I hope everyone is having a wonderful week and the storms of life are not too hard on you.

Until next time!

13 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Hi Rachel,
Happy Birthday to your husband and I hope he feels well enough to celebrate a bit!
Loved the cruise ship joke.
Sorry your rain dance didn't work. It's not working here either!
xo

11:49 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Hi Rachel, I had seen that woman on some television show one time. Happy Birthday to your hubby and I, too, loved the joke. Sounds like me with my camera. I can't believe how dry it is here. The leaves are falling off my trees like it was October!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Happy Bday to your hubby...and that was a cute story!

hope you get some rain soon!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Hope Hubby is feeling good this weekend for his company and cake. Thinking of you.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I do know who Sandy Allen was, and I'm sorry to hear about her death.

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

We've actually gotten some much needed rain here, and it's really cooled off too. According to what happens with Tropical Storm Fay we may get a lot more rain before all's said and done!

Maybe you'll get some rain there in KY too. I'll do my own version of a rain dance and we'll see what happens, okay? And I assure, I'll be doing plenty of jiggling too, LOL! ;o)

Loved the joke! :o)

Have a great rest of your week, and glad to see your new post. I hope you've got your computer issues all fixed now.

Love and hugs,

Diane

8:06 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL! A Funny One, Rachel!
And a very Happy Birthday to your dear Husband....! I think I could tell you how to put that Video on your Blog, my dear....I want to see your Feet Damcimg...lol!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Rachel,

Happy birthday to your dear husband.

We have been getting rain for two days, and the weather radio says it's moving on to Kentucky. Hope it gets there soon.

The joke about the old buns and the new hat was funny. hehe.

Have a good day.

Renie

4:18 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Shucks Rachel, I even put the grandkids to work raindancing but they are gone now.

Happy Birthday to your husband!

Great joke.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Rachel,
I saw Sandy Allen in person, once. She was VERY tall.

Love the 85-year old lady joke. Sounds like something my dad would say.

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

11:21 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

HAHAHA

That joke is very funny Rachel!


Happy birthday to your husband. Hope you can celebrate with a cake later!

Birthdays deserve cakes!! :)

Thanks, Rachel, for visiting me often. I appreciate it a lot!

hugs))


Junie

7:55 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Happy b-day to Phil!!! I hope this weekend he feels good and enjoys his company and whatever cake or goodies you have for him.
7 ' 7" is very, very tall. I cannot imagine such heights.
I would not mind having a few more inches in my legs. Then they would be skinnier.
:-)
We've gotten a lot of rain. It was raining when I got back home in AR, and it has rained a lot ever since. It is supposed to dry out this Sunday. I'll send you some rain, but I won't dance for it!!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel, I thought you had me trained to just look towards Saturday but here you tell us this tall tale on Wednesday!

Two records in a row, I am thinking that nursing home might tend to exagerate a little.

I liked your joke, it was clever, it reminded me the famous Marylin Monroe picture.

Happy birthday to hubby!
..

3:46 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Hi Rachel, cute joke. I would have held onto my hat too!!
Say Happy birthday to your husband.
The NASCAR Race is here in Bristol this week-end. I thought surely it would rain, because it usually does at every race....but the weather people say it will be Monday before we get a drop. We need it a lot!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter