Thursday, November 13, 2008

SKITTLES

Well there hasn't been much happening around here to blog about. I know some people can take one statement from someone and make a whole post about it. Not me. Writing is just not one of those things I'm that talented at. I certainly admire those who can.

We have been having gloomy days with rain for the most part. We do need the rain so no complaints there. It's that time of the year and it's due to start getting colder. Tomorrow it's going to be in the high 60's and then on Saturday it'll be around 45, so that's a pretty good drop, that will have me grabbing my sweater when I go outside.

Here's the latest critter to take up residence here. This one came along as a stray. It's a beautiful cat, as you can see, also very friendly. My neighbor said it had come to his house and he had petted it and gave it the name of "Skittles." So Skittles it is. Naturally it would like my house better than his. He has 4 dogs. I have 4 cats, not counting Skittles. It's okay. Skittles can stay. I haven't determined if Skittles is a male or female. My front porch is also very cat friendly with several nice warm places to get out of the wind with blankets and rugs to curl up on. There is also food readily there for eating or snacking. Then the owner comes out fairly often and pets you and scratches your belly, holds you, and tells you how cute you are. A cat's paradise you might say.



Here's a joke I hope at least makes you smile if it doesn't make you LOL.

Ma was in the kitchen fiddling around when she hollers out....
"Pa, You need to go out and fix the outhouse!"
Pa replies, "There ain't nuthin wrong with the outhouse."
Ma yells back, "Yes there is, now git out there and fix it."
So.......Pa mosies out to the outhouse, looks around and yells back,
"Ma There ain't nuthin wrong with the outhouse! "
Ma replies, "Stick yur head in the hole!"
Pa yells back, "I ain't stickin my head in that hole!"
Ma says, "Ya have to stick yur head in the hole to see what to fix."
So with that, Pa sticks his head in the hole,
looks around and yells back,
"Ma There ain't nuthin wrong with this outhouse!"
Ma hollers back, "Now take your head out of the hole!"
Pa proceeds to pull his head out of the hole, then starts yelling,
"Ma Help! My beard is stuck in the cracks in the toilet seat!"
To which Ma replies, "Hurt's, don't it ?!"
***************************************************

Here is a Prayer that I found and would like to dedicate it to
Ralph.


Daily Prayer

So far today, God, I've done all right.
I haven't gossiped, haven't lost my temper.
I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish or over-indulgent.
I'm really glad about that.
But in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get out of bed,

and from then on, I'm probably going to need a lot of help!
Thank you in Jesus's name.
Amen.

26 Comments:

Blogger ralph said...

Rachel
I was with you right up until the Prayer. But it's true.
Don't get offended by this Sunday Funnies - given your post and all.
Hope all is well.
Ralph

6:20 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Thanks for making me laugh today!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Adi said...

Hi Rachel. It is nice that Ralph was the first to find that nice prayer. Did you give him a heads up?

I am glad you have Skittles. If we were closer we could take him (you know Skittles is a boy's name, your neighbor knows) to be with us.
He is just the kind of cat I would want, color too. We would say he is a handsome devil of a cat!
..
Mrs. Jim says no cats! Sorry, I should have asked Jim.
..

7:45 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Nothing much to blog about going on here either, so I totally understand.

Skittles is a gorgeous cat, whether male or female. Sounds like he fell in it when he found your place. It does sound like cat heaven.

We have 2 inside cats, one is 16 and one that's 3. Hubby felt sorry for an orange tiger tomcat and started feeding him, so I guess I need to name him. Right now I just call him Tom. I'll also have to make him a warm bed when it gets cold, I guess.

I've seen that funny before, and the prayer too, but they bear repeating. ;o)

Happy Friday and weekend, Rachel.

Love and hugs,

Diane

8:02 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Skittles is a beautiful cat. We just lost a kitten that looked similar to Skittles. Actually the litter of 4 must have been sick because all of them passed on over the past two weeks. They are part of the colony of outside cats that take up residence on our back deck.
ANd I love that joke!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skittles is one lucky cat. It sounds like he found his paradise. Thanks for a good laugh, it's a great way to start the day.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Rachel,

Bless you for giving Skittles a home. He is a beauty.

The joke is hilarious.

Our weather is just like yours. Colder tomorrow and Sunday.

Love the prayer as well.

Thanks so much for visiting. Have a blessed weekend!

Renie

5:58 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

You did pretty well for someone who didn't have anything to blog about! Glad Pa got caught. LOL!
I'll have to stead Skittles for one of my cats. I'm sure a new one will show up soon. Now I've got to go read Ralph's Sunday Funny.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Cute post...have a great weekend

10:29 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Skittles is a very pretty cat. I love the markings on her or him! That outhouse joke is really funny. It has rained her all week, too. Have a great weekend.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Yep, I've heard that joke stretched into a five minute ordeal but it's funny no matter how you tell it.
I know Ralph pretty well. He needed that.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Rachel! Why isn't Skittles a little cutie. I believe he has found himself a good home.

I LOL. Very funny.

Have a good weekend. Lisa

5:15 PM  
Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

Definitely a LOL!
We have 4 cats....any more and they call you "crazy cat people"!!!!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

Thanks for the good laugh! It's a great release on a Friday, after a long work week! Take care! How are things going with your husband?

6:43 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Skittles is just GORGEOUS! What a great great Beauty, Rachel.....You are like St. Francis, my dear...And your cats sure are lucky...! LOL!

I DID laugh at the Joke! LOL!

3:35 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Rachel,
You write so well, LOVE your style of writing!
Skittles looks beautiful and he is a lucky cat.
Many LOL with the joke!

Have a nice weekend!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

The outhouse joke is hillarious! We used to have one of those awful things but I don't remember mom ever having that problem. LOL
Good thing she didn't because she probably would have burned it down.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Skittles is adorable...and what a cute name for a kitty.

We, too, are heading for a cold front here in Miami, which means instead of 80, it'll be in the low 70s. Brrr... ;)

By midweek it might get into the 50s. Woo-hoo! I love wearing boots and sweaters!!

Love the outhouse joke, and I need to memorize that prayer and share it with some fine folks I know. :)

8:25 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

I laughed out loud....:)

Cute cat...

Kendra

8:40 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Looks like Skittles has found a home! Lucky little guy. He is cute!
Do you have a "sucker Lives Here" sign out in front of your place, too?
Great joke, too!

10:18 AM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Skittles is precious! I have 2 cats now. One I took on because he was going to be put to sleep and my daughter said she wanted a big, fluffy, white cat. Well he is and he is my sweetie. Cute joke and I love the prayer.
Take care!

7:04 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

hahaha- That joke was funny!!!


And I like that prayer, too!


Hope you're doing well today Rachel!

Junie

8:52 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Skittles are worth just two Weight Watchers points! Good name.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm glad you offered up that prayer after that joke.
Yes, it was a FUNNY joke!!!
I copied it and I'm sending it to my mom.
She will get a kick out of it.

Skittles is beautiful.
Your place is a cat's paradise, for sure.

I think you write very well.
I always enjoy your stories, so please keep on telling them. I love reading about the cats you take in (especially those named after bloggers), and I like seeing the latest cakes you've made.
Whatever you happen to post usually keeps my attention, so you're doing something good here.

Sorry you had such a rough time with Phil lately.
I hope he is still sleeping soundly and stays asleep for a long time so you can get some rest.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Skittles is a cutie. And "AMEN!" to the prayer.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I'm so glad Skittles gets to stay!! I'm glad he found you!

I never could have predicted the end of that joke! Funny! And a little sick! :-)

Hope you're having a great week,
Sammy

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter