Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy April Fool's Day!












Hope no one plays a prank on you this April Fool's Day!!

**********************************************










I can certainly relate to Maxine on this one. There is one stretch of road that I travel on quite a bit and it's rough as a cob. If nothing is coming in the other lane I usually drive on the wrong side of the road, but it's rare that I get to do that, since it's fairly busy in that section. They bury the sewer lines underneath the road in some parts and that's what they did in that section. They bury them beside the road (in the edge of lawns) in most places, but in that one stretch they didn't. They also did it on another street just parallel to that one but you can pretty well straddle that one with your tires as you drive down it and it's not so rough. I'll be real happy when they repave that one area. I'm sure there will be many to share that joy, especially the people that live through there. The houses are close to the road (which may be why they didn't bury the lines under their lawns), and the dust really covers everything. Some people like me drive very slow through there trying to dodge any potholes they can, and then there are others that fly even with the huge potholes, and the dust is everywhere. The houses and vehicles parked there are covered with it.

I'm writing this very early in the morning...at almost 3 a.m. to be exact. Why am I up at such an hour? Good question with no good answer really. So goodnight...or good morning...whichever the case may be!

12 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Happy April Fool's Day, Rachel!

We have no pot holes around my neck of the woods, and on my drive to town, it's usually smooth sailing. All I have to watch out for are deer!

Hugs,

Renie

3:53 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

My driveway is a dirt lane that everytime it rains its full of holes. Hey at least it keeps people from driving halfway down and dropping of animals like they use to. Have a great day and hope you got some rest.

4:57 AM  
Blogger possum said...

3 AM??? Goodness girl! You are worse that I am! I used to get up at 4:30 to work on the computer on my classes because no one else was up yet, the phone did not ring, and no one came to the door. Even the cats would go back to bed (after getting a little snack.)

I used to wish the would level out my road, but then i realized if they did, folks would just drive faster on it - and they go fast enough. So, the lumpy bumpy road serves its purpose.

By the way, I LOVE your cakes. I don't think I could ever learn to do that. Plus, I would look like a blimp - I'd have to quickly eat all my mistakes before anyone saw them! LOL! ;-)))

10:07 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy April Fool's Day to you too, dear Rachel! I do hope you were able to get back to bed and get some sleep.

Oh yes, potholes...would you believe that my city, Sudbury, has been named to have the worst potholes in all of Ontario??? Yup! lol I hit one hard last year and it took the tire right off my rim!! It's really pathetic how bad they are. The frost we get in the winter time really plays havoc with the asphalt. In the Spring time the city workers are kept busy filling potholes. One true story....a woman called the police to say she was following a car that was weaving in and out and she guessed he was drunk....the police stopped him...he wasn't drunk, he had been trying to avoid all the potholes! lol It's true, happened a couple of months ago here. xoxo

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

We ceretainly have our share of potholes as well. Our's are caused mainly from the freezing and thawing. One section of road makes me cuss every day.
Get some sleep Rachel! Your still awake about at about the time I get up!
Good Night
Ralph

6:03 PM  
Blogger Adi said...

Hi Rachel, thank you. Happy Fools Day to you also. Us guys don't celebrate that so we don't know what it means. Is it a religious holiday of sorts?

Jim says that some of our Texas holes are so big they have their own names and zip codes.
Of course they fix yours quickly before someone breaks a tonail, so they aren't very big very long.
..

6:31 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

I live in the state that is known as "The Land Of The Pot Holes." Pennsylvania, of course.

9:10 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Potholes can just drive you nuts! And, sometimes it feel like the city or county is in cahoots with the Car Repair people---talk about your wheels-out-of-alignment...lol!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hi Rachel... Hope all is well with you and that your April is getting off to a good start.

Have a great rest of the week
Love, Jess

10:13 AM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Everything is so flat and smooth in Miami, I can't imagine driving on anything like that. Seems like you would need to wear a good push-up bra before passing through! ;)

It's only 11:30 but after all the café con leches I've had, I'll probably be blogging for a while.

Sweet dreams, Rachel! Hope you get all the rest you need.

8:31 PM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

April fools came and went with no terribly embarrassing moments. My son has gotten me good in the past, but he must have completely forgotten this year. Still had me looking around every corner and scrutinizing every word he said though. That may have been even worse, maybe that was his plan.
Pot holes here in Michigan are also terrible. When the snow melts you'll never know what you may find. I also have a section of road I drive on the other side to avoid the bumbs. I keep waiting to get pulled over by a policeman and tested for drunken driving. :)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

GOOD GRIEF!!!! Rachel, go back to bed.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter