Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring has Sprung Doo Da, and Sunday Sign

First of all let me say "Thank ya, Thank ya, Thank ya," (like Gomer Pyle would say it) to everyone who comes along and reads my blog and leaves comments. I do appreciate it kindly. I know that I am sometimes -- okay! -- OFTEN!! -- lax in getting around to reading everyone's blogs and catching up. Really that is a bad thing because someone could die and be buried and I wouldn't even know it until long after the fact. You all know that blog friends are good friends and you grow quite attached to them. So I'm going to try and do better!

Spring is here. Spring is here. Doo Da! Doo Da! It's 70 today and sunny. Now that is wonderful weather and good enough for anyone! Time to start the spring cleaning this week. I'll have to attack the dust. I think all the dust in Kentucky comes to my house. It sure seems that way sometimes. Then it keeps coming back! What's up with that? No matter how unwelcome I make it feel it continues to come back and bring more dust with it. Those dust bunnies especially seem to gather and run amok under the bed!

I have been busy this week. As
Cliff would say, "I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger." Along with the continuing cake decorating classes I took a class learning how to make Panoramic Sugar Eggs. In case you don't know what that is, here's one I found online. They are cute and kids would love them. They are made from hardened sugar and water. Then you decorate inside with little critters and flowers and such and glue them together with your royal icing and decorate them with more royal icing. It all gets hard as a rock and will last for years and years as long as you don't get it wet, eat it, drop it, or let the sugar ants find it! I made one but mine is not this pretty I'm afraid. I left mine there to dry and will pick it up on Thursday. Later on I'll take a picture of mine for show and tell. How's that? :)








Tomorrow I'm taking a class on time management. That one I need more than anything I think. It seems like I never have enough time to do all the things I want to fit in, so maybe this will give me some insight into how to manage things better. This is just a one time class so how much can I really learn in an hour and a half anyway??


I am still taking the watercolor painting classes and they are fun. So far I don't have a picture to show you but I'm working on one! The first class she had us drawing and painting fish. My fish did look somewhat strange but you could tell that they were fish, so I thought that was pretty good!! I do enjoy it.....more than the cake decorating! I had to miss cake decorating this past Thursday night due to my husband being badly confused. Thankfully he is back to normal now. You do what you have to do though.
Ah..the start of another week. I hope it's wonderful for everyone out there in Bloggyville!!

Sunday Sign
(sent to me by
Ralph.) Thank ye kindly Ralph!!




18 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Hi Rachel,
You have so many interesting hobbies and projects going on. I know your days must be very full and fun.
Happy spring to you to. It's windy and cold here today, but everything is green and starting to bloom.
xo

7:41 PM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Spring hasn't quite sprung here. Not the 70's anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing one of your paintings and your egg! Did I mention, you have me thinking of taking a class now. I've always wanted to be better with a camera and I'd like to take a class in photography. I'll have to look into that one.
I guess since Spring is a little delayed here, then that means I can delay my Spring cleaning. He He! Have a wonderful week!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Great sign and I love that egg. It is so pretty. I have been lax lately on blogging and comments. It is so pretty outside that I want to stay out there all the time and soak up that sun. You don't have all of those dust bunnies from Kentucky. I guess they multiply just like other rabbits because I have a bunch of them over here!

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The egg is a neat idea and it is hard to believe it would last that long. I'm glad you are enjoying your watercolor classes. I get to wait a little longer for my spring cleaning because we are still in the 30s and 40s most of the time so it doesn't count as spring until it hits the 60s, that's my rule. Nice church sign, Ralph.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That Sunday Sign sounds just like you. You sound so busy now with all of those classes you are taking, but like you I don't know how you can learn how to manage your time better in an hour and a half.

Don't worry about visiting my blog (although I love it when you do), just enjoy like and keep doing what you're doing because you sound so happy and up-beat.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your so talented.Can't wait to see your egg.Gives me something to look forward to in blogville.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Are you not afraid the time management class will indicate you should give up all your "crafty" enterprises that eat up so much time?

12:09 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel, we all get busy from time to time so don't worry about it. Stop by when you can.
Got to love Spring.
Ralph

4:25 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

70 degrees, huh? Right now it is 25 deg. here. It was cold and windy all day.

Good sign, Rachel.

10:42 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Rachel,

Yep-you are a busy girl and all with FUN things!

I keep busy too- AND NOT so much with fighting the dust...Oh yah! I sure do have a lot of that around here-which I won't be able to ignore forever... Sooner-rather than later-I will have to tackle the job! ( meanwhile-I'll be blogging and now also-facebooking! lol)

Yah Rachel....

I bet you didn't even know I won the neat little prize at Pea's blogaversary giveaway!! :)


Big hugs))


Junie Rose

1:16 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

I think it is so great that you get out and try new things. I need to reinvent myself now that I am without a partner. I just can't get into the swing of things, like what should I do with myself. Well that will come in time I guess. Looking forward to gardening, that will give me something to do.

4:43 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds like you are doing all these wonderfully creative things Rachel....Those EGGS are so very pretty. I can't wait to see yours! And I am so happy for you enjoying that Watercolor Class....Painting is such fun, isn't it?

1:38 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

I've been lax in my reading as well and hope to catch up. I've just been so busy exploring the internet with my new satellite connection. (And, tending to grandchildren!)

I once knew a one armed paper hanger. He lost his arm in WWII and did not tolerate anyone who complained of their lack of ability. He always said, "If I can do this with one arm, you should be able to do more with two." It really got on my nerves!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Blog friends are good friends indeed!

I love those sugar eggs! I still remember my best friend in elementary school had one and I thought it was just the greatest treasure!

Can't wait to see some of your water colors! My mom does amazing water colors--we have several of her pieces framed in our house. Sadly, any painting talent that may be genetic skipped right over me! :-)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Rachel,
I think those Dust bunnies are pretty bad here in Arkansas as well. I think they hibernate in our homes in the Winter and when Spring comes around, they all just jump out and gets the best of us. LOL. Hubby mowed our yard last night and weed eated this morning. We've done a little work out there picking up limbs and stuff today also. I am getting ready to work in my flower bed next week, weather permitting, with my Mom. I went to the Dollar Store today and bought some potting soil and flower seeds and other things to put in the flower garden. I'm excited about getting it all fixed up. When I do, I'll tke some pictures and share with everyone. I put up a new post this morning and I have something for you on there too. I love the Sunday Sign. It is so very true. Take care my friend and have a great Thursday evening. May GOD BLess you and yours,
Love,
Karen H.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

I have heard of sugared eggs...in fact i have the directions somewhere, but have never tried them. I think they are so pretty....and you said you weren't crafty! i think otherwise! Lol I like the sign too!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing all that learnin' and fancy educatin' and stuff.
That is great! How fun to make those sugar eggs. I would not know the first thing to do in order to go about making one of those.
I look forward to seeing pics of all your work.
One of these days, if I happen to come visit you, I sure hope you'll make me one of your cakes. I think I'd like to eat one of those.
:-)
I took a blog break for a couple of weeks, so I had no idea you'd been slow to blogging too. That just happens sometimes because we get busy doing stuff. Your blog buddies (especially me) are happy to be friends with you!!
Spring has sprung here too, and it's looking mighty pretty. The trees are blooming and the leaves on the trees are filling in again. I don't like naked trees.
I sure wish you could teleport yourself here for an afternoon and we could take a walk in the gardens nearby here. I plan to take some pics and videos to share of all those tulips. I love pretty flowers... who doesn't??
Time management... what's that?
:-)

5:21 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Rachel, did you know I dried up and died a couple of weeks ago! I don't think you missed me? Some of my blogger friends e-mailed me asking if I was okay.

Anyway, Mrs. Jim soaked me good and I got reconstituted. I did go to three funerals withing the last week, in Louisiana, Orange, Texas, and in Houston at the Veterans Cemetery. I blogged about that so when you peek in you wil find something about those people. One was Billy's grandmother.

I like your church sign that Ralph sent. He must have also.
..

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter