Sunday, April 17, 2011

Scenes From Around Our Yard

Thankfully we have not had any damage from any of the storms thus far. I pray it stays that way since they are giving the same storm system for this week again. We had lots of rain Friday, Friday night, and Saturday.

April showers bring May flowers!

My little dog, Pup, has been sick and spent some time at the vet clinic. He is 13 years old, which in human years adds up to well over 90, so I guess he's pretty good for his age! He is having trouble with getting his back legs to work. The vet said if he were a human he'd be on a walker now. They wanted to keep him and give him steroids during that time. I think he might be a little better. He was so sick when I brought him home. Poor little guy was so sick he didn't even seem excited to see me. He threw up in the car and several times after he got home. Finally he got over that sickness and is eating fine now. Nowadays I carry him around a lot. He always wants to be where I am, otherwise he is not a happy camper! I still have some more medication to give him over the next
few days. The best way I have found to get him to take pills is to buy a Diary Queen BBQ sandwich and put the pill in a bit of that. He gets it down real easy like that. If he tastes the pill at all he'll spit it out. I used to have such a hard time until I tried the BBQ!

I hope everyone is doing better than great, staying safe, and enjoying life!  I leave you with some scenes from our yard, and my Sunday Sign.

I got these bulbs in late so I have daffodils that have bloomed and gone, and now these, and some new ones coming up!
Peppermint! Great for Mint Juleps on Derby Day!

Love these buds on the Knock-Out Roses!!


Handsome Scottie!! "Look deep into my eyes!"
 
Full bloom on the Knock-Out Rose Bush!


Tiny rosebud on the yellow Knock-Out Rose Bush

 

Sunday Sign


9 Comments:

Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi dear Rachel,
I am glad that you have not had any damage from any of the storms!
Thanks for your visit and nice comments.

It's so great that your dear Pup is doing well! Flora has 13 years old and she is pretty good for his age too! She had a tumour in one teat four years ago, she had a surgery and fortunately she was ok. But this year, unfortunately the tumour returns, but the Vet think it is better to observe before a new surgery.
Like your Pup she always wants to be where I am. She is my dear companion and I love her so much!

These scenes from your yard is gorgeous! And Scottie is really handsome!

Have a nice week ahead!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel. I am sorry to hear that Pup is showing signs of his age. Dogs like people can say "it is Hell to get old."

Adi is fourteen and a half now and she is having back leg problems too. In fact both of us are. I might do me a knee replacement soon.

Adi walks on three legs for a bit and then she hobbles and finally is walking pretty good with just a slight limp. Her heart murmer is now a five where it had been for years a two.

Like your church sign. BTW, what do women use? Mrs. Jim detests my use of duct tape any place that shows on the car. Almost as bad as when the stapples I use to fix my clothes, they had better not show.

Your yard must be very pretty with all those flowers. I am glad you have a green thumb.
..

4:27 PM  
Blogger Midlife Mom said...

So glad you didn't get any damage from the storms. It sure has been wild in the south and we are getting the wind from it and rain and sleet and hail and snow! Yikes! Today is supposed to be good and I already have sheets on the line blowing in the wind. I so love the smell of them when they have been dried outside. Yum!

So sorry your precious pup is having problems. It is so hard seeing our furry kids age. Do hope the meds make him more agile so that he can get those back legs working.

Your flowers are gorgeous!!!!! I am just sooooooooo anxious for our flowers to start coming up!

I love you 'glass half full' attitude and that verse in Proverbs.

I too have never seen two saddles on a horse!!! HA!

Have a wonderful Easter!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I feel so sorry you pup has reached such an advanced age and is suffer. My son had to put down his aged beloved chocolate lab this year. It was his first "child". It was so hard for him and his three children.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Vagabonde said...

Hi Rachel – Thanks for coming to my blog and reading Naomi’s story – she is a dear. We have had some tornado warnings too here in Georgia and it is always scary. I worry when we go out of town because we have new neighbors we don’t know and if anything happened while we are away we would not know about it. When we drive north on I-75 to go to Ohio we go through Kentucky and usually spend the night there. There are a couple of lovely rivers we cross and we always say that next time we’ll have to spend several days in Kentucky, and we will.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous cathy said...

WOW Rachel your photos are gorgeous, really pretty. I hope Pup is ok,give him a hug from me. I have been thinking a lot about you and I promise to email later truly I do.
xxxxxx Cathy

12:49 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Pub is so blessed to have such a wonderful care giver.

4:20 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

The things in your garden are just beautiful, Rachel....Lovely to see thaty Spring finally arrived in your neck pf the woods--as they say....!

So sorry to read about Pup....poor little guy. I tell you getting old is not good for man or dog/cat....It just isn't fair, is it? I'm glad to read that he is a little bit better---I know he must love it when you carry him around...You are such a sweet loving woman, dear Rachel...!
Sending (((((hugs)))))

11:43 PM  
Blogger possum said...

You have roses blooming already???
WOW!
So sorry about Pup. It is hard when our little ones get to the place of needing so much care and yet they are struggling.
Glad you made out all right storm wise... looks like it is going to be a rough season.

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter